Placement of Wizarding World Of Harry Potter? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Placement of Wizarding World Of Harry Potter?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought I would post this not reading through the thread but, I know the person who does the air condition units for all of their rides and asked him where it is being put. He said all the little shops you see around the gibson amphitheater entrance will be gone. Just thought i'd throw that in there.

Anyone who still thinks Shrek will go away for Potter might want to know that as of yesterday, it has a new sponsor: Nestle PureLife water. 

The sponsorship I believe goes with the new three-year contract, as Shrek 4D will be here until at least 2016.
Wow. On one hand, it's nice that the park is able to garner a few more sponsorships, but on the other...eh.

I guess they're going to keep Shrek after all.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Did Shrek ever lose the Arrowhead (owned by Nestle) sponsorship, or are they just switching it to advertise Nestle PureLife instead?

It definitely sucks to see Shrek 4D staying. I mean, I'm a Shrek fan, and the characters are great to have around and all, but that franchise would be so much better used for a dark ride or something. Shrek 4D is so dated, too.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Did Shrek ever lose the Arrowhead (owned by Nestle) sponsorship, or are they just switching it to advertise Nestle PureLife instead?
That's a good point - is this a simple brand switch?

On a separate note, how do these sponsors work? In the past, they used to heavily promote sponsors within the queue (Panasonic) or even in the attraction itself (Toyota). Are the current deals just as lucrative to Universal?

Just because the sponsorship contract is for three years does not indicate a three year run for the attraction. They could close the attraction and shift the agreement to something else. The overall sponsorship is with  Nestle Waters North America with Universal Parks & Resorts - not to a specific attraction. The original 10 year partnership (May 22, 2003) was recently renewed.

Reactions: spinlok
Actually the attraction itself was renewed for three years. After all, they have to pay Dreamworks for the rights to use the film.
If that is the case, is USH getting Hogsmeade? I always assumed Shrek and Curious George would be torn down to make way for Harry Potter. If it's staying and Waterworld is there for the near future, is that plot of land where the Gibson is big enough to house both the castle and Hogsmeade?