Potential Disney Resort in Texas (Rumor) | Inside Universal Forums

Potential Disney Resort in Texas (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
1727722267771.png

As addressed by Henry Mystic over on WDWM--Disney is apparently looking into a brand new resort in Texas. It is not clear if it's a theme park project, or a DVC project.

I see the Texas rumor happening more then the Georgia one.

Universal stomped on over to TX and Disney wanted to follow and brawl some more. Makes perfect sense.
I’m hoping it features DVC accommodations and also normal guests. Get the best of both worlds to get all the cash.

Reactions: TheUniC6
This is cool. Following two new resorts from Universal and Disney within the same state is gonna be wild.
Well this is interesting! The Universal vs Disney battle continues, now in Texas! I’d imagine if anything parks wise is happening it’s on significantly smaller scale. Curious where this rumor leads.
They keep fighting, while us fans keep winning.

The million dollar question would be the scale of what Disney has planned. I see something either on par with Universal Kids Frisco or maybe something akin to the typical Disney park albeit maybe a tad smaller.

The million dollar question would be the scale of what Disney has planned. I see something either on par with Universal Kids Frisco or maybe something akin to the typical Disney park albeit maybe a tad smaller.

With Universal Kids & Peppa Pig already in place for childrens entertainment, a small scale park to that doesn't exactly make sense.

I wonder if they could do what they kind of considered in the past with other park projects, where you had Disney do concepts that wasn't a traditional "Disney" park, but that by/large, it was a Disney park in scale. Like a Disney's America.

Reactions: TheUniC6