Project 862 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 862

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So after HHN will Twister even open back up or no? Just go straight into demo or will they keep it open for the Holidays and then get to work?

I'm sure they'll keep it open for the holidays as it adds a decent amount of capacity, then host some sort of closing ceremony (maybe a special annual passholder event), and then begin working on it.

I'm sure they'll keep it open for the holidays as it adds a decent amount of capacity, then host some sort of closing ceremony (maybe a special annual passholder event), and then begin working on it.

I guess we'll see, but I think they want the replacement up ASAP and there's a ton of work to do. HHN needs the queue.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are killing me... such mystery and tip-toeing.

Tis a scary world these days sir.

I've thought that Twister needed to be replaced for a while now, but the building is so small, not sure what could be done with it. If a "show" is put in, I hope it's a decent one that people are going to want to see, although I do have faith in the powers-that-be at Universal to not do anything half-assed.

In a way, I will miss the fantastic cheesiness of Twister, or, as I call it, The Bill Paxton Experience.

Wait, wait, wait... are you guys saying it is 100%, without a doubt that project 862 is Twister? I only ask because I've been saying for the last five years or so that if and when Twister closed I would make a special trip for it. It is very nostalgic for me, and it is one of the few remaining attractions that feels like "old" Universal to me.

So, if it is indeed on the chopping block, I need to get down there!

-Andy

Wait, wait, wait... are you guys saying it is 100%, without a doubt that project 862 is Twister? I only ask because I've been saying for the last five years or so that if and when Twister closed I would make a special trip for it. It is very nostalgic for me, and it is one of the few remaining attractions that feels like "old" Universal to me.

-Andy

You better hurry.

-Andy

I don't know if 862 is Twister, but I do know Twister is going, going, gone in the next few months, if not sooner.

Lol..at Twister being "old" universal...

The only thing left is E.T.

I understand it's not original to Universal. By saying "old" Universal I mean it has that early 90's vibe of film production that virtually no longer exists at USF.

I'll be sad to see it go, but I look forward to a brand new experience in its place.

-Andy

I feel like my hearts been ripped out of my chest. I love Twister. If I feel this sick about Twister going I can't even begin to think how I'll feel when T2 3D goes. I just remember going back to the park after 4 years and running right to Twister. This attraction is a prime example of why Universal is AWESOME.

Hearing this almost brings a tear to my eye lol:
[video=youtube_share;982dkHzBres]http://youtu.be/982dkHzBres[/video]

Last edited:
I kind of expect Twister to close officially in November, I'm guessing Universal will want the replacement open in 2015 and they will need all the time they can get. As soon as HHN ends, there is no need for it be there anymore.

On a sidenote, would this involve any demolition of the building? Just wondering about how it could effect other areas/HRRR.