Project 862 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 862

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last day should require everyone to wear a Paxton style Canadian Tuxedo.

Just hoping they give us a little bit of time..I would like to experience it once more..

And to go off of someone's question earlier about expansion..I wouuld imagine there is no way to expand the building out too far..the building is quite tall though so perhaps they could pull a mini Transformers with the walkthrough/experience they're putting in there..just a thought

I feel like my hearts been ripped out of my chest. I love Twister. If I feel this sick about Twister going I can't even begin to think how I'll feel when T2 3D goes. I just remember going back to the park after 4 years and running right to Twister. This attraction is a prime example of why Universal is AWESOME.

Hearing this almost brings a tear to my eye lol:
[video=youtube_share;982dkHzBres]http://youtu.be/982dkHzBres[/video]

Couldn't agree more. :'(
That song will always bring me right back to the attraction and just waiting for those doors to close and that clap of thunder to start.

Sad, I love Twister and I hate to see it go. As much as I love Fallon, a Tonight Show Experience doesn't really excite me. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Twister would be a loss. But they've crippled it by taking the wind in your face out years ago. I've always felt like i was watching it and not part of it anymore after that. I feel there are bigger fish to fry before they do something with twister. like kidzone (LEAVING ET ALONE) and Shrek.

Twister would be a loss. But they've crippled it by taking the wind in your face out years ago. I've always felt like i was watching it and not part of it anymore after that. I feel there are bigger fish to fry before they do something with twister. like kidzone (LEAVING ET ALONE) and Shrek.

Why not do both? Twister is just one ride/attraction. Shouldn't be too much of a drain on money/resources that maybe they can do it and Kidzone at the same time. I'll still kinda miss Twister even though I want to it be gone since whatever replaces it might not be special/practical effects show if they went the Tonight Show route or whatever they're doing with it.

There was that rumor that the Monster café would change but that rumor died to...

Sure it's sometimes sad to see stuff go (like Jaws) but there is always a good business reason to do so and Universal has never disappointed me by what they replaced it with (except for Fear Factor Live).

Sounds reasonable. So, what do you believe project 862 might be intended for? I have not a clue.

Spitballing here is that it could be for work outside Twister that is not necessarily attached to the project (new facade?), work for a 25th anniversary museum perhaps, or NASCAR (even if it doesn't match the formatting of prior projects). Not entirely sure.

Just watched Twister (the film) last night. Made me miss the attraction that much more, not to mention rubbed the fact that I decided to go to Hollywood for HHN this year instead of Orlando in my face that much more as well. Seriously bummed that I'm not going to experience it one last time and that I missed out on one of the best HHN's Orlando has done in quite some time. :fist:

Permit was updated today, finally confirming this is for Nascar.

jKSo9D8MNe4JP.PNG

http://edviwr.cityoforlando.net/OrlandoWebPermits/Permitting/login.aspx?CaseNumber=BLD2014-07871