Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So no chance of this t-shirt then?

30Rock_Wolf_Bar_Blue_Shirt_LG.jpg

I think those who thought the store would have a variety of stuff from other NBC shows were taking the theming too literally. From the walkthroughs I saw it seems to be almost entirely Tonight Show and some general NBC stuff.
I think it might as they determine what sells and what dosen't from the ride merch...Almost like a restaurant adjusts their menu...

Also....MUUUUUUGSSS...I love me some theme park mugs

Reactions: Joel
I think it might as they determine what sells and what dosen't from the ride merch...Almost like a restaurant adjusts their menu...

Also....MUUUUUUGSSS...I love me some theme park mugs
Yeah the potential is there for them to sell some unique stuff. That's the one thing I want a Tonight Show mug!

I think those who thought the store would have a variety of stuff from other NBC shows were taking the theming too literally. From the walkthroughs I saw it seems to be almost entirely Tonight Show and some general NBC stuff.

I'm really gutted about this. I'd have spent serious $$$ on The Office and Parks & Rec gear alone. Just seems like a huge missed opportunity to me.

Sorry to ever so slightly divert the subject, however I was wondering - how heavily focused do we expect this attraction to be on including references from the show? I ask only ask as living in the UK means The Tonight Show has only just started showing on TV, and I haven't had the chance to have a watch meaning if there are tonnes of references my experience may be slightly lessened. So for me, things like "Hashtag the Panda" and "Tight Pants" mean absolutely nothing, haha!

I'm really gutted about this. I'd have spent serious $$$ on The Office and Parks & Rec gear alone. Just seems like a huge missed opportunity to me.
Yeah I would love some Office stuff! Seeing as how they let their Dunder Mifflin website lapse I don't think that was ever a possibility.

Sorry to ever so slightly divert the subject, however I was wondering - how heavily focused do we expect this attraction to be on including references from the show? I ask only ask as living in the UK means The Tonight Show has only just started showing on TV, and I haven't had the chance to have a watch meaning if there are tonnes of references my experience may be slightly lessened. So for me, things like "Hashtag the Panda" and "Tight Pants" mean absolutely nothing, haha!
There's going to be a lot of references to the show but also a bunch to New York in general. You should be fine, but we'll find a better answer in a few weeks.

Reactions: Owen
Could it be that you aren't seeing that stuff because it is no longer on NBC?
Their website for a time redirected to a Godaddy page that said the domain expired, it now just redirects to the NBC store instead of the old Dunder Mifflin page.

It's too early to tell for sure on merchandise. Vendor orders sometimes lag behind these early openings. Case in point was Diagon where a lot of the new merchandise arrival was three or four months after it's initial opening. Hello Kitty was the same.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The store is cool and I liked that they had sections of general NBC merchandise as well as some New York City merch alongside the Fallon stuff. There's a section of general Universal merchandise that if I have to guess is a placeholder while they are waiting for more stuff to arrive.

The stairs down from the ride exit is still a work in progress with temporary wooden handrails and it's blocked off with curtains.

The finishing on the edge between the dark stone and light stone on some of those pillars is looking... interesting.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but there's a balcony above the new restrooms that I've been told is a VIP viewing area for concerts:
That makes great sense. Not the best view as it will be a side view, but at least you avoid crowds.

They should build a viewing area on top of Monsters Cafe too and potentially charge more for that with it being a straight on view as opposed to side view.

Reactions: Clive
After watching the vid, the store seems too small for a wide variety of merch. Looks like whats in there now will be about all it gets.