Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, needless to say taking on-ride footage out-of-context 99% of the time leads to it looking bad. It usually doesn't look nearly like that when you are in the actual ride.

Reactions: Joel
Good.. I'm relatively new to the forums so there's still much to learn for me.
New, but valued...It happens every time...If I were Universal I would only release footage of the ride cars,outside of the building, and not the animations...If people saw the Spiderman ride footage for instance they would ask themselves why it's contorting and stretching..

The tour idea sounds awesome.... but just the first time. The 7th time I'm riding Gringotts for the trip I just want to get on the ride- hence why I tell the photographer at the front "Im reriding- I already have a picture) even if its my first time that trip.

We tell them we don't want the photo because the flash blinds us so, but they've always made us wait there until the folks ahead of us are done with there photos before we are let in line.

So you don't save anything there..with a tour concept, I imagine they could flow queue showrooms better...I mean in Gringrots, I seem to fly through the bank lobby were there is much to see, then wait just past the newspapers where there is not much to see...so maybe the could flow the different rooms better if there were no outside queue and folks started in groups.

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
We tell them we don't want the photo because the flash blinds us so, but they've always made us wait there until the folks ahead of us are done with there photos before we are let in line.

So you don't save anything there..with a tour concept, I imagine they could flow queue showrooms better...I mean in Gringrots, I seem to fly through the bank lobby were there is much to see, then wait just past the newspapers where there is not much to see...so maybe the could flow the different rooms better if there were no outside queue and folks started in groups.

Having spent better than 6 hours in the bank lobby I just stick my head in to see if they changed anything and if "everybody" is working then book down to get my glasses. Every once in a while I do the full queue cause I like riding the elevator with my knees bent to keep my head steady but for the most part I get to Bella sending me down as quick as I can.

wow, that CGI is awful. I'm hoping that was a draft version

It doesn't look great, but none of these first looks ever do.

$10 tells me that there will be a scene where we fall off of a building and something ends up saving us at the last second. Every screen-based ride Uni does except FJ has that scene.

If Universal goes back to that well again, I'm gonna get mad. It was an incredible conclusion for Spider-Man, but now I greet it with a shrug on subsequent attractions in which they've used it. Come up with some new gimmicks!

It looks like Minion Mayhem. :lol:

Which would be fine... if the two rides weren't right next to each other!

I sat through a presentation of Kong footage where the actors clipped through the CGI scenery. Was told it was rough and would improve by opening.

The clipping was fixed but everything else is essentially the same.

The roots were one of the best live shows I have ever seen and I'm not even a huge hip hop fan. I wonder if this ride will be a lot bigger than we think for universal overall because of the ability they have to market this. A lot of the huge gains at disney in the 90's were influences in part by a great marketing push from the TV arm of the disney empire.

Theres a difference to footage in the commercial and seeing the footage in-person.

It'll look better on the proper screen that it's supposed to be on, but either way; I find it interesting that it'll be in a night-time New York..

yes I must say this will be the best safety spiel in the whole park, but that's probably about all this ride has to offer , but It'll most likely be better then despicable me so I'll just convince my little brother to get on the jimmy fallon ride next time I go instead of waiting in a three hour line for some bouncing yellow tic tacs with goggles

Reactions: Speed
yes I must say this will be the best safety spiel in the whole park, but that's probably about all this ride has to offer , but It'll most likely be better then despicable me so I'll just convince my little brother to get on the jimmy fallon ride next time I go instead of waiting in a three hour line for some bouncing yellow tic tacs with goggles

But YOU ARE the bouncing yellow tictac! It's IMMERSIVE! Don't you want to be immersed?!?

Sailor-Moon-episode-8-Ami-revealed.png

Reactions: Thisguynamedlee

No more waiting in line :) All hail the VQ :lol: