Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Well, my entire point regarding Disney vs Universal was about Epic Universe, it doesn’t disregard the other factors, but that’s the direct comparison I’m discussing. If you want to get into how Disney also oversold Star Wars, a SIGNFICANTLY larger investment than Kong, promising lands that don’t get built for 7 years (Universal doesn’t announce things, can’t blame them for delays WE know about, because they aren’t announced publicly with promises to the public, Poppins Carousel is the latest example of Disney announcing an attraction that’s never built.)

All the issues you mentioned with Universal, Disney has as well. Failed promises, budget cuts, etc. frankly I just feel Universal is FAR most true to what they promise than Disney is. Disney announces so many things that never make it past D23, as a fan, I don’t appreciate the announcement of something we’ll never get. Universal has also
Spent ridiculously in the last decade, and while F&F is an utter flop it’s hard to put Universal as a whole under that umbrella when that’s really their only failed attraction of late. Disney rides, minus Flight of Passage and Rise, often get mixed-good reviews. I just find Universal is better, is getting better, and is learning from the industry how to compete, and all of that would have come to a direct head on collision with Epic Universe, would’ve been fascinating to see how things turned out.

Now, just need to wait it out and see for ourselves.

This is a prime example of why Universal announces new rides when it does.

You can't publicly cut things from a project if the announcement is based on what is physically built.
200.gif

This is a prime example of why Universal announces new rides when it does.

You can't publicly cut things from a project if the announcement is based on what is physically built.
200.gif
That’s just where my logic is. If they announced SNW for kidzone publicly (I don’t believe they did, wasn’t as in tune then as I am now) then ya, they could get some slack for pushing it to EU, although no one could ever have predicted Covid. But, they haven’t promised anything to us.

Chapek over announces and over promises and consistently under delivers, and as a consumer it’s frustrating. Maybe it is a bias towards Universal but, the bias has been earned lol. I rarely get excited for a Disney announcement anymore because they’re timelines are either incorrect, or, it never happens.

So to my main point, you can only give false promises for so long before consumers catch up (to a degree, Disney gets away with everything) and while the Wizarding World changed things, EU was the ultimate test to see if it’s a legit competitor. That’s my entire point here really.

They have said on many occasions that SNW is coming to Orlando (albeit mostly at earnings calls).
This is true, although did they only mention EU specifically? To me the EU announcement felt the most official. We can't blame either Disney or Universal for Post Covid cancellations/delays, imo. No one could have predicted this.

If they said it'd be in Orlando before Hollywood, or with a date in mind, back in the late 2010s, then thats different but I feel I don't totally recall that.

Disney on the other hand, will tell you what park its going in, give you concept art, brief ideas on rides, then open it years past when it was expected to open. Or just take 7 years to build it. The attraction quality is a different discussion, but I feel objectively Universal delivers on their promises FAR more than Disney.

Single Riders, FP+ and Stand-by signage up at the ride:
remys-ratatouille-adventure-entrance-fastpass-standby-single-rider-7.jpg

I’m surprised that the wait time signs are all the way by the building like they are in Paris. I had somewhat assumed that the pavilion by the creperie would end up with the wait time signage.

I’m surprised that the wait time signs are all the way by the building like they are in Paris. I had somewhat assumed that the pavilion by the creperie would end up with the wait time signage.
That’s what the signs held by Cast Members are for I guess. Why change tradition around here.

While I am exciting to see in... it doesn't look as exciting as the only entry into another side street probably should look. Those flat walls would normally be false fronts with windows when facing guest pathways. And the weenie at the end of the street is... nothing? Bathrooms? Low lying structures. The crepe restaurant peeking out looks nice, and the reveal when you turn at the end of the street is going to be amazing, but this view, so far anyway, is kind of... blah.

While I am exciting to see in... it doesn't look as exciting as the only entry into another side street probably should look. Those flat walls would normally be false fronts with windows when facing guest pathways. And the weenie at the end of the street is... nothing? Bathrooms? Low lying structures. The crepe restaurant peeking out looks nice, and the reveal when you turn at the end of the street is going to be amazing, but this view, so far anyway, is kind of... blah.
I agree, the walls of the IDF building are a bit bare thematically. I’d hope at least some trees get added or something just to hide the bare walls.