Remy's Ratatouille Adventure | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would expect an opening timeframe announcement at that event.

I'll be interested to see how they frame what's going on in Epcot more broadly, as at least a good chunk of the announced changes are, at best, deferred to an undefined period in the future.

I know Single Rider probably isn't going to be a thing for another year, but do we actually expect them use it? What's the last ride Disney built with a functioning Single Rider queue? Remember Flight of Passage had one but they covered the sign up?

I know Single Rider probably isn't going to be a thing for another year, but do we actually expect them use it? What's the last ride Disney built with a functioning Single Rider queue? Remember Flight of Passage had one but they covered the sign up?
Operations wanted that Single Rider queue, unfortunately Imagineers only built a FastPass queue with a sign for Single Riders leading to it. Had they actually built two queues they mighta used it :shrug:

Pretty sure WDW currently only has Single Riders on Test Track, Rockin Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest and Smugglers Run.

Reactions: Magic Feather
Very smart of them to put a wait time sign out front of the expansion area to limit crowding in the small area back there:

Operations wanted that Single Rider queue, unfortunately Imagineers only built a FastPass queue with a sign for Single Riders leading to it. Had they actually built two queues they mighta used it :shrug:

Pretty sure WDW currently only has Single Riders on Test Track, Rockin Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest and Smugglers Run.
Once Singles are considered kosher again, Rat will absolutely use it. Seating arrangement is the same as Test Track, so Rat will/already has in Paris churn through Singles.

FoP’s Singles queue was really poorly designed, but I’ve been under the impression that it was somewhat intentional. Something along the Lines of WDI thinking Singles was unnecessary, Ops insisting one be put in, so they made a poorly designed one.
In reality, I think they just didn’t want to make a third winding path up to the cave entrance.

Very smart of them to put a wait time sign out front of the expansion area to limit crowding in the small area back there:

i think the intention is that the line may actually reach out that far....at least during peak times.

i think the intention is that the line may actually reach out that far....at least during peak times.
I don't disagree, but l if the line is that far back then you're a fool to get in it anyway. :lol:

Either way, it is nice to have that wait time sign there so when the ride isn't as busy, you don't have to walk all the way back just to see that the wait time is longer than it said on the app.

Reactions: rhino4evr
It may be very early 2021 because by the looks of it, it's all ready to go. And from the sounds of it from people close to the project, it's all ready to go.

It may be very early 2021 because by the looks of it, it's all ready to go. And from the sounds of it from people close to the project, it's all ready to go.
It could open right now easily. The ride has been ready to go pretty much since before the shutdown. Maybe it had a little bit left to finish, but mostly the only work they've been doing is in the courtyard, which is now 99% finished as well.

Once we hear that they are hiring ops internally for this ride, we know we're close to them finally opening it.

Once we hear that they are hiring ops internally for this ride, we know we're close to them finally opening it.

I believe (informed) speculation is that they want new hires for January in the France pavilion. If true, that would imply a theoretical opening in the late winter/early spring.

Bizarro world if they wait till after the Christmas rush to open a new ride. But it is 2020...

Bizarro world if they wait till after the Christmas rush to open a new ride. But it is 2020...
As I said, Runaway Railway is their new ride for this year. They don't need anything else. Runaway Railway and Rise of the Resistance (which are both less than a year old) are plenty enough for them to market. The parks can only hold so many people right now anyway, so opening another new ride really would just be pointless.

As I said, Runaway Railway is their new ride for this year. They don't need anything else. Runaway Railway and Rise of the Resistance (which are both less than a year old) are is plenty enough for them to market. The parks can only hold so many people right now anyway, so opening another new ride really would just be pointless.

I'm just thinking ride capacity. They will still be crowded at Christmas. Something else to soak up crowds always helps.

Reactions: Nick
This was definitely needed with how bland those walls were. Not sure how I like it until I see it done, but it’s better than a long stretch of beige.