Return of Nickelodeon Studios? | Inside Universal Forums

Return of Nickelodeon Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 14, 2011
Oviedo, FL
well i saw on facebook, somebody posted that they were talking to a friend who works at USF and they said that since so many people continue to break into the studios that they were gonna re-open it for tours. we all know Blue man owns part of the bottom floor, but could it still pe a possibility? What do you guys think. I say it's a longshot, but who knows.

Last edited:
the only concern i have is that how will they go about tours and blue man at the same time, you don't need a ticket to USF for blue man, but you would for nick unless they made nick part of city walk, or closed it while blue man is going on, which would make sense

Last edited:
The way Nickelodeon is going now, they would have no reason to bring that back. Nickelodeon is heading in a way different direction then what it one was.

^ Silly. As if they leave the lights on all the time, even on the soundstage, including decades old computers and screens.

and why would anyone try to break in except for a few wackjobs that built their wee bitty memories there.

Last edited:
Their live action shows can easily be taped in the sound stages. There really is no reason why they can't return to Orlando.

I personally think, because there was a whole issue of moving to Hollywood, they should have opened Nick Studios in USH. That would have ended better for everyone.

Their live action shows can easily be taped in the sound stages. There really is no reason why they can't return to Orlando.

I personally think, because there was a whole issue of moving to Hollywood, they should have opened Nick Studios in USH. That would have ended better for everyone.

Turning Florida into the east coast Hollywood is a failed concept. Talent does not want to move out east. Universal is tearing down sound stages left and right for attractions, I don't see why the abandoned parts of that building are still standing/not used. Good places for some backstage offices when new attractions are built.

Turning Florida into the east coast Hollywood is a failed concept. Talent does not want to move out east. Universal is tearing down sound stages left and right for attractions, I don't see why the abandoned parts of that building are still standing/not used. Good places for some backstage offices when new attractions are built.

When has Universal torn down a soundstage for an attraction?

I didn't think anything was left. When I was the Chef of the Nickelodeon Family Suites in 05, the Studios were closing as we were opening. They called and said they had some kitchen stuff we could have. Rented a box truck, went backstage and they loaded two giant Hobart stand mixers on with a forklift. Anyhoo, I didn't get a tour or anything, but we were in the area where they mixed up all the slime and other goop. Aside from the stuff they were pawning off on us, the area seemed pretty cleaned out. I would have assumed the rest of the studios would have been, as well.

I remember those tools. They were in the GAK/slime kitchen areas. Very cool stuff in those areas and was always a stop on the full tour for kids to try slime...because it was edible!

I remember those tools. They were in the GAK/slime kitchen areas. Very cool stuff in those areas and was always a stop on the full tour for kids to try slime...because it was edible!
Slime is not good!
When i was on Splat & had those 3 cannons shot in my face..... :stunned: