Return of Nickelodeon Studios? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Return of Nickelodeon Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sums it all up :lol:

Well when it comes to attractions he can be a bit off, but BMG is a show and from what he said it makes sense. I can see BMG somewhere else for less and get the same show. It's like Circe De Sole where you can see it somewhere else for less! And both of the shows are shows where there's no need to see it again and again.

But that's another thread. I look at Nickelodeon Studios the same way I looked at SS44 and Trike Encounter. If its not open to the guests, tear it down and do something for the guests. It worked so far, so hopefully we'll see something with space in the near future.

Well when it comes to attractions he can be a bit off, but BMG is a show and from what he said it makes sense. I can see BMG somewhere else for less and get the same show. It's like Circe De Sole where you can see it somewhere else for less! And both of the shows are shows where there's no need to see it again and again.

Blue Man is priced the same as in other cities, and less than in Vegas. Also most cities have totally different versions of the show, and the UOR show has always had one additional unique element not found in any other shows. The show can scale in terms of staffing and show schedule. Many weeks they have several shows a night. When I was there Fridays and Sundays had two shows each, so there isn't some magical lack of attendance here like Hill and that other dude say.

As for repeatability... well... I've seen them several times, so I am biased that way. And BMG tends to refresh their shows every 5-6 years, compare this to Cirqu at DTD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the old show once, and the new show twice. All three times the house was between 3/4 full and completely full. The BMG show is unique, funny, musical, innovative, artistic, technological... It's a keeper :thumbs:

As far as Nickelodeon Studios returning, I'd love that! Just not at the expense of BMG. I don't think it's gonna happen, just like I honestly don't think any previously removed attractions will be brought back. I am really disappointed that I never got to see the live tapings or anything at Nickelodeon Studios, especially since I grew up watching Nickelodeon... but, oh well. On to other new and exciting things at the resort! :thumbs:

Blue Man is priced the same as in other cities, and less than in Vegas. Also most cities have totally different versions of the show, and the UOR show has always had one additional unique element not found in any other shows. The show can scale in terms of staffing and show schedule. Many weeks they have several shows a night. When I was there Fridays and Sundays had two shows each, so there isn't some magical lack of attendance here like Hill and that other dude say.

As for repeatability... well... I've seen them several times, so I am biased that way. And BMG tends to refresh their shows every 5-6 years, compare this to Cirqu at DTD.

I should say I've never seen BMG, so who am I to trash on BMG. I'm actually gonna see it in Boston next month, and I'm really excited. Now who knows if Jim is right, but it is possible that he's right. Sure they get good crowds, and especially after the new version came out, but everyone who saw it before might not do it again. Especially if you're paying a fortune just to go to Orlando. I find the tickets very expensive and overwhelming considering what I'm paying just for 2 days at the parks. On the flip side, I hear nothing really bad about the show. Maybe Universal just had really high expectations for BMG and it did not reach them.

NOW :focus: because we can talk about this on another thread. :thumbs:

:doh: Just tap into the $1.5B and give me something great. I can only :pray:

That doesn't really address the point you were replying to. The building is open to guests, in the form of BMG.

On top of that are you saying all of the sound stages should be torn down? Because that's what it is, a sound stage. In fact the one that it's connected to is used for filming and recently held Grinchmas. Should that also be torn down?

That doesn't really address the point you were replying to. The building is open to guests, in the form of BMG.

On top of that are you saying all of the sound stages should be torn down? Because that's what it is, a sound stage. In fact the one that it's connected to is used for filming and recently held Grinchmas. Should that also be torn down?

When it comes to is the building open to guests, no. Universal is too lazy to put ADT security into the building. There is absolutely nothing in that Soundstage, because BMG is a separate soundstage. Nickelodeon used to be two SS. How crazy is that.

Anyway, I never said should all the soundstages be torn down. All I said is that one of the unoccupied SS where Nick used to be should be renovated an used into City Walk in some capacity. As for the rest of the soundstages, I am really happy that there is some type of production at USF. Never did it cross my mind that the rest of the soundstages should go.

So here's my point (while forgetting about BMG it is what it is). Looking at the unoccupied side of the old Nickelodeon Studios is like looking at the empty SS44 for 12 long years. It's like looking at the closed off Triceratops Encounter at IOA. This soundstage has a nice blueprint that can be used for something great. Even if they renovate it just for HHN, just put something in there. If they are going to let the place rot and leave many people still crying over their childhood memories of Nick Studios, then just put nice facade there. Looking at it last summer left an empty feeling in my gut, and dreams in my mind of what this area can become.

Hope you understand buddy. :smiley:

They do still use it for production purposes, just not typically large scale or public production. As mentioned, it was used for Grinchmas this past Christmas due to some...items...taking up space in another sound stage. A Florida sports network uses at least some of the mixing/studio space not being used by BMG for office space, and they do also make small use of the sound stage sometimes. So it really is far from unoccupied or unused. It just isn't typically used for anything park guests would be aware of.

They do still use it for production purposes, just not typically large scale or public production. As mentioned, it was used for Grinchmas this past Christmas due to some...items...taking up space in another sound stage. A Florida sports network uses at least some of the mixing/studio space not being used by BMG for office space, and they do also make small use of the sound stage sometimes. So it really is far from unoccupied or unused. It just isn't typically used for anything park guests would be aware of.

I thought the Grinch was in another sound stage? And I remember Nick came back to do My Family Has Guts in that SS.

Yes, it is normally held in another sound stage (from what I understand, I could be mistaken in interpreting what was told to me), however, between cleanup for HHN taking a little long and some items of interest taking up space in another sound stage, they used 19 for Grinchmas.

I never would have guessed they still used that SS. I knew the rest were used because of the article in the UO team newsletter a while ago. So I guess I'm wrong that SS19 is never used, but can they at least redo the front facade/area? Maybe make it look like an actual soundstage, or because of the offices make it more like a modern building. That's all I ask.

When it comes to is the building open to guests, no. Universal is too lazy to put ADT security into the building. There is absolutely nothing in that Soundstage, because BMG is a separate soundstage. Nickelodeon used to be two SS. How crazy is that.

Anyway, I never said should all the soundstages be torn down. All I said is that one of the unoccupied SS where Nick used to be should be renovated an used into City Walk in some capacity. As for the rest of the soundstages, I am really happy that there is some type of production at USF. Never did it cross my mind that the rest of the soundstages should go.

So here's my point (while forgetting about BMG it is what it is). Looking at the unoccupied side of the old Nickelodeon Studios is like looking at the empty SS44 for 12 long years. It's like looking at the closed off Triceratops Encounter at IOA. This soundstage has a nice blueprint that can be used for something great. Even if they renovate it just for HHN, just put something in there. If they are going to let the place rot and leave many people still crying over their childhood memories of Nick Studios, then just put nice facade there. Looking at it last summer left an empty feeling in my gut, and dreams in my mind of what this area can become.

Hope you understand buddy. :smiley:

I'm aware that Nick studios had two sound stages. One that is easily accessible from the front of the building (now Blue Man Group) and one that is easily accessible from the back and therefore useless to city walk (Sound stage 19).

Sound Stage 19 is used for filming quite often (including Family Feud when it was in town) and was recently used for Grinchmas.

I think the part that may be confusing you is the small no sound stage portion that sits in front of sound stage 19 (that part that makes it inaccessible from city walk). That part houses offices and workspace, which you can see in some of the videos of people sneaking in. It also houses a room that catering uses for special events tied to production and blue man group. Some parts of it are used for storage, and most of it has not been repainted from blue man group days, but that doesn't mean it's not being used.

And as far as to cheap to put ADT, they run their own security system on most of the buildings. However they have people working in the offices, so when the park is open the area is unsecured and security doesn't think much of the doors opening since they would if someone had to go to their office. Also most of the videos people post of themselves getting in there involve them going back of house to get in, not from the front.

When I was entering USF through the side entrance the other day, I noticed that they had painted the orange Nick Studios railings Blue. This was the first time I had noticed it, I assume it is fairly new, no?

Tours are handled by guest services inside the park and they wouldn't conflict with Blue Man if they were during the day. I think its a great idea.