Revenge of the Mummy Refurb? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurb?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll believe two parks for HHN when it happens. Until then I have to think Shrek gained a bit of safety out of the second theater being used as a house location.

Speaking of Shrek, did they put the seats back in that building in case they need to use it (which is rare), or will they just leave it empty?

I think two parks is an absolute last resort scenario, but they could be reaching that point. The big question in my mind is if they might want to expand the guest areas to surround the soundstages and shoehorn another house and a scare zone back there. If not, then two parks might be the only option.

As for Shrek, I think if they came up with an exciting, profitable concept for that location, HHN wouldn't stop them.

Tell that to Soundstage 44 during HHN 22... :lol:

They'll pull the trigger if it's time to.
I fully believe that. But not at a time like now when so many projects are already underway and they are being forced to get more and more creative in finding locations for the houses.

Wouldn't be surprised, though in a few years.

I think two parks is an absolute last resort scenario, but they could be reaching that point. The big question in my mind is if they might want to expand the guest areas to surround the soundstages and shoehorn another house and a scare zone back there. If not, then two parks might be the only option.

As for Shrek, I think if they came up with an exciting, profitable concept for that location, HHN wouldn't stop them.
Much of their problem right now in USF is the scarezone locations are becoming very congested, so opening up to a second park could ease that congestion a ton. It would also allow access to the Soundstages from both parks. I still think we are a few years out from IOA being used. Sure it's packed right now, but I don't think we see IOA be used until VB opens at the very earliest.

And as to Shrek, see my post above.

I love Mummy. Still think it's going to go at some point in the near future.

Also, calling a ride based off of and featuring Brendan Fraiser "timeless" and not "flavor of the moment" is hilarious.

This ride is based on Brendan Fraiser?...really???? The only time that we see Brendan Fraiser is the horrible ending which can be easily changed. Does ANYONE really think about Brendan Fraiser when they are riding this ride other than when they get to the very end and he is screaming in our face?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
This ride is based on Brendan Fraiser?...really???? The only time that we see Brendan Fraiser is the horrible ending which can be easily changed. Does ANYONE really think about Brendan Fraiser when they are riding this ride other than when they get to the very end and he is screaming in our face?

The Mummy is timeless. The 1999 version is not. Kids aren't exactly dressing as Rick O'Connell for Purim anymore.

I don't mind the IP staying, because it works and the coaster is fun, but god do I hope they reimagine it and give it the Spidey treatment.

Well the first time I rode Mummy, Brendan Fraiser was in the beetle room filming a segment for Ellen. He acted like an animatronic then quickly changed his posture and said, "Who wants to be on TV?"

Last edited:
I love Mummy, but I do hope within the next few years that it gets a major refurb. I would like the theme to stay as well, but maybe get away from the recent film franchise and just more about the Mummy and not any films. I feel like it's going to be down Universal's to do list though. I don't expect anything to change with the ride for another 5 years.

I could see them tweaking the ride so that it is like Reign of Kong, heavily inspired by the one movie but without any direct references, so they'd remove elements like Brendan Fraser and the live set theme.

Wow.....I guess that Brendan Fraiser IS in some of your heads. My condolences.

The live set thing....whatever......otherwise I feel like the ride IS about the Mummy......not the Mummy Movie Circa 1999.

Anyway.....probably a lot more to be concerned with before anyone worries about the future theming of this ride.

Last edited:
I think one thing that needs to change is the queue. It's very bizarre that the façade is a Museum and within that museum is almost like a behind the scenes studio setting and then that transforms into a 1920's excavation site. Revenge of the Acid I guess...

Reactions: floridakid
I think one thing that needs to change is the queue. It's very bizarre that the façade is a Museum and within that museum is almost like a behind the scenes studio setting and then that transforms into a 1920's excavation site. Revenge of the Acid I guess...

That's part of the story of the ride, you're not entering the world of the Mummy films, you're taking a tour of the set of another Mummy sequel. It just so happens to be cursed and the Mummy actually comes to life.

That's part of the story of the ride, you're not entering the world of the Mummy films, you're taking a tour of the set of another Mummy sequel. It just so happens to be cursed and the Mummy actually comes to life.
I love the Mummy queue. Last year I even took time to read & watch all the early queue stories about the curse. It's not a bad story if you take the time to digest it. And, as I said before, even though I usually have Express, I'll often go through the Standby line so I can enjoy the queue. The queue kind of reminds me of the Egyptian area in the NYC Metropolitan Museum.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Ah, the Egyptian Wing! The envy of every Egyptian museum or collection in the world... not necessarily for the collection itself, but the extremely vast quality of every display and showmanship of it all.
Yes, it's fabulous. You could easily spend a day exploring the area. I stop at the Met anytime I'm in NYC. We usually stay at the Marriot that's near St. Pats Cathedral and then I enjoy the long leisurely walk, sometimes taking a slight detour through Central Park. I rarely take a cab if I can walk. I enjoy the ambiance.

I wish MIB could replace Mummy with some updates. Keep the NY theme going strong because of Fallon. Furst, move that game room into another area(Simpsons) (Nintendo) and stretch that ending of the coaster out to something new with the new space. Get creative with the entrances and exits. Doesn't have to be a coaster but could be a Hybrid like Gringotts.

If that happened, it could free up current MIB area.

MIB battlestyle ride system can be used for Nintendo for a replacement competition attraction.

Have MIB freshly updated for NY area.

Any future Mummy attraction could and should go to Islands of Adventure...

Just a thought. Lol

Reactions: Cheezbat
Except that then you're consciously on a roller coaster because of the fake unload scene and then the ending with Brendan Fraiser is so casual that it makes it seem like nothing even happened. I try not to understand the ride...

Reactions: MillenniumDragons
Everything I read about the Mummy reboot (the movie) suggest that Universal is looking to start an Avengers type universe for their classic monsters. I just bring this up for I think some have mentioned the reboot as a reason to change the ride.

I think it would be neat to bring more of the classic monsters together for a ride, but I would think UOR would wait for a few films to be out before they would think of changing this ride to match the new universe (if ever).