Ride Ideas | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Ride Ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Scooby Doo isn't as popular as it used to be.  :( They keep pushing out direct-to-video films that show up on Cartoon Network, but most kids are fans of those incredibly lame shows with no plot to them. I grew up with Scooby Doo absolutely consuming my childhood, so I wouldn't totally mind an attraction based on him. Warner Bros. Movie World has a mouse coaster themed to the live action Scooby Doo movie that seems pretty cool.

Reactions: Alexshow.
I had a idea of a possible curious George dark ride with animatronics and invisible track with elevators and film screens in the elevators. besides universal already owns the property and would be good of a replacement when the play area closes down for the kids that liked the area.

Would Universal really backtrack, though? I mean, once they get rid of Curious George, I doubt they'll bring him back..

Which brings up a question I've had: Will Curious George Parking get a retheme? "Potter Parking", anyone??  :lol:

A kiddie ride is where the theme is too childish and doesn't have an appeal to a wide age range. Like Curious George, or anything aimed at preschoolers or very young kids. Also, a kiddie ride is a ride that is designed for smaller children. Basically almost all of A Bugs Land at DCA or Jumping Jelly fish. Stuff like that.

A family ride is simply a ride everyone can ride together and be immersed, and it doesn't matter how old you are. So, basically ET Adventure, all of Fantasyland, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, the old Kongfrontation, maybe Jaws, Jungle Cruise, you get the point. It's a ride I can ride with my grandma, and a 6 year old, and we'll all be immersed and have fun. Kiddie rides are just for very small kids.

Despicable Me would fall in the Family Ride category, despite being kid FRIENDLY.

I really wish Universal would use their own works for their attractions. Saying that, I would love an entire section of the park dedicated to Universal's most popular and classic horror films.

I was thinking it could be a "horror" land, with smaller, individual sub-lands. Bates Motel could be one sub-land, with an attraction there. A lab for Frankenstein could be another sub-land there, with an attraction. Other sub-lands would included the Mummy, Dracula and the Wolfman. It would be pretty awesome and so cool. I don't think Universal taps into their own films enough, specifically their horror films. I know House of Horrors contains a lot of their characters but I like my "horror land" idea better. :D

A "horror" land is rumored for UO, but we don't have the room here. I do, however, hope that they keep some sort of horror film aspect in the park once HOH is removed.

I agree. Universal Monsters are such a staple in Universal's history. They're also always relevant even without newer movies. You don't have to see Frankenstein the movie to know who he is, etc. I'll say it again, I'd love a ride version of House of Horrors.

Reactions: raven24