Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

They lose track of the vehicles in the drop shafts. Plus one night maintenance totally ruined three of the shafts. Ooops.
Shades of Gringotts maintenance......Wonder if Disney hired the fellows that Universal fired... :lol: ;)................Edit: Three days in a row they made it a bit over 100 boarding groups. So, a small improvement.

Last edited:
Question about boarding passes, someone who isn't staying in our hotel is joining us at HS on the day we are going there. Is it possible to add them to our party for trying to obtain a boarding group.

Question about boarding passes, someone who isn't staying in our hotel is joining us at HS on the day we are going there. Is it possible to add them to our party for trying to obtain a boarding group.
They will need to be added to your My Disney Experience account, same as you would add family members’ tickets to reserve FastPasses.

Thank you! One more question while I"m here... so so there are 10 of us in our group... Does it make sense for several of us to be trying to get a boarding pass for all of us at once or will that screw things up with the app. Should we put all the pressure on one person?

Thank you! One more question while I"m here... so so there are 10 of us in our group... Does it make sense for several of us to be trying to get a boarding pass for all of us at once or will that screw things up with the app. Should we put all the pressure on one person?
Everyone should try. The first person that it works for will get the BG number, and the rest will just get the not-so-fast message. Just make sure that everyone is doing it for everyone (if one person is accidentally left off, it becomes harder to get a BG for them)

Does anyone know how Child Swap works with this?

Do we need to sign up as two different groups? Can we sign up as 1 group and go at separate times? Normal Child Swap rules?

Missed my chance! :lol:

This initial rollout of the attraction has really sucked for locals with having to be at the park at open in order to even have a chance at riding. I was willing to do it a few times in the early days of the attraction's opening because I was excited and because it was really good. But just on a regular day, if I hit up a park it's normal a random last second decision and 5pm. So due to this crap system, I haven't been on since opening week.

Honestly, once MMRR is open next week, I say just shut the ride down for maybe just a few days and work 24/7 to get it right. I really hope they figure things out soon because it can't go on forever this way.

Missed my chance! :lol:

This initial rollout of the attraction has really sucked for locals with having to be at the park at open in order to even have a chance at riding. I was willing to do it a few times in the early days of the attraction's opening because I was excited and because it was really good. But just on a regular day, if I hit up a park it's normal a random last second decision and 5pm. So due to this crap system, I haven't been on since opening week.

Honestly, once MMRR is open next week, I say just shut the ride down for maybe just a few days and work 24/7 to get it right. I really hope they figure things out soon because it can't go on forever this way.

That or wait until September, a traditionally very slow time, and shut down the ride for the month for repairs and eliminating the hiccups. Then, bring it back up, apply FP+ (which I hate), and move forward. Of course, I also figure that they will put it on FP+ by the end of March but what do I know?

That or wait until September, a traditionally very slow time, and shut down the ride for the month for repairs and eliminating the hiccups. Then, bring it back up, apply FP+ (which I hate), and move forward. Of course, I also figure that they will put it on FP+ by the end of March but what do I know?
It's still too unreliable for fastpass plus. It has some really bad days....and every day has a good number of multi hour breakdowns. It actually has less ridership most days now then when it first opened, and that wasn't so hot back then either.

Problems with this just keep getting worse and worse. Constant breakdowns and vacating people from the lines the past few days. And the trend of less and less 'guaranteed?' boarding groups daily. Today the first group called was #10, and the last non backup group was #45. That's only 35 guaranteed groups...apx. 3,500 riders.

Problems with this just keep getting worse and worse. Constant breakdowns and vacating people from the lines the past few days. And the trend of less and less 'guaranteed?' boarding groups daily. Today the first group called was #10, and the last non backup group was #45. That's only 35 guaranteed groups...apx. 3,500 riders.

We’re assuming 100 per group but I think that number is lower.

We’re assuming 100 per group but I think that number is lower.
probably a good chance it's lower at times. Just going by Len Tesla's (TP) 'guess' of 100 in DHS BG, 150 in Disneyland BG .He posted those numbers in a Magic post a couple of weeks ago. I think he's using his actual exit counts as the basis for that guess. No one out there has been able to quote an official number at this point in time. Whatever, even at 100 per group,that's an incredibly low number of guaranteed? riders.

Last edited:
I'm hearing from CMs that MMRR is having breakdowns all the time as well. Can't wait to see/hear the GP complain about the fact there are these great new rides that break down constantly.

Like three weeks ago, when it was running "well," I was told they were pushing about 10,000 riders a day. Which is nowhere near enough, but still better than what I expected.

This downward trend in operation is... disheartening. IF boarding groups are 100 people, and they're only getting through a hundred or so groups... that's less than 2,000 riders a day.

Like three weeks ago, when it was running "well," I was told they were pushing about 10,000 riders a day. Which is nowhere near enough, but still better than what I expected.

This downward trend in operation is... disheartening. IF boarding groups are 100 people, and they're only getting through a hundred or so groups... that's less than 2,000 riders a day.
This ride is supposed to be able to get through 1800/hour if working correctly too. The question is, will it ever work correctly? At this point, I think problems are worse than Hagrid (whereas a few months ago I thought the opposite).

I mean FWIW 100 * 100 = 10,000.

Also if boarding groups of all sorts are selling out in the morning in a minute that should tell you how many guests are actually riding, there's no way 10,000-15,000 guests are lined up in front of the Chinese Theater and up Hollywood Blvd.

I mean FWIW 100 * 100 = 10,000.

Also if boarding groups of all sorts are selling out in the morning in a minute that should tell you how many guests are actually riding, there's no way 10,000-15,000 guests are lined up in front of the Chinese Theater and up Hollywood Blvd.
You're right. Terrible math on my part.

And you're also right about early morning sell-outs.

From the outside, I feel like I'd have a better shot at riding Hagrid than Rise right now.