Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Any enthusiast is going to complain about something that the average person either thinks is great or doesn't care about.

I love Mako as a coaster, one of my absolute favourites but an enthusiast might say that it's not as good as Fury 325. I've never been on Fury 325 and probably never will so I don't care.
One of your trips to the USA, instead of WDW/DLR, you should fly into Cleveland and rent a car. Drive to Sandusky for Cedar Point. Drive south and hit Kings Island in Cincinnati. Then keep going south and end up in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge TN and hit Dollywood and The Great Smokey Mountains National Park. The drives are relatively short and you would hit 4 great parks with some awesome coasters and beautiful views. And it would be significantly cheaper than Orlando.

Last edited:
One of your trips to the USA, instead of WDW/DLR, you should fly into Cleveland and rent a car. Drive to Sandusky for Cedar Point. Drive south and hit Kings Island in Cincinnati. Then keep going south and end up in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge TN and hit Dollywood and Great Smokey Mountains National Park. The drives are relatively short and you would hit 4 great parks with some awesome coasters. And it would be significantly cheaper than Orlando.

It's funny you mention that, before all the COVID business started, when I was planning the September trip with my wife's family, I proposed the idea of heading to Dollywood for a few days to get some alone time with my wife.

It's kind of amazing at how good the value of these parks seem in comparison to Orlando.

Any coaster with loops is instantly not as rerideable for me. As much as I love them, I do them once and I’m ok for a few hours. But put me on Mako, Shambhala, and any other remotely thrilling / speedy coaster, and I’ll glady go around and around all day.

Any coaster with loops is instantly not as rerideable for me. As much as I love them, I do them once and I’m ok for a few hours. But put me on Mako, Shambhala, and any other remotely thrilling / speedy coaster, and I’ll glady go around and around all day.
You now also have Ice Breaker

1, 2, or 3 inversions is the sweet spot for me. I can ride Tigris, Sheikra, and Cheetah Hunt for hours, but I can only do Montu and Kumba a few times before getting bored or getting a headache.

One of your trips to the USA, instead of WDW/DLR, you should fly into Cleveland and rent a car. Drive to Sandusky for Cedar Point. Drive south and hit Kings Island in Cincinnati. Then keep going south and end up in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge TN and hit Dollywood and The Great Smokey Mountains National Park. The drives are relatively short and you would hit 4 great parks with some awesome coasters and beautiful views. And it would be significantly cheaper than Orlando.
Second this... I had already thought that if things get back to normal by late summer I was going to look into a Carowinds-BGW-KingsDominion-KingsIsland path, especially since a Cedar Fair platinum pass would cover three of the four and still be good for all of 2021. I wouldn't mind doing DH's path instead.

Frankly I'll be happy to see SeaWorld add anything in the foreseeable future, but a glaring hole in the park's lineup if they're going away from animals is the 7-14 year old target audience flat ride area like Italy at BGW. A few rides that give kids who grow out of Sesame Street something but are still thrilling enough to make an adult hop in line for a ride.

I think my hesitance on a wing as rumored would be less the coaster itself and more the ripoff of Cedar Point's rebuilt entrance.

No need to make a whole new thread for this, but Electric Ocean for 2020 has been cancelled by the park (and removed from the Events page). No big surprise, honestly. They've barely had time to take down everything from Seven Seas and never started on the setup for Electric Ocean, which could take 4-6 weeks. With limited capacity, reduced tourists, especially foreign visitors, I don't blame them and it's likely best. The park does still show that they will be having fireworks on July 4th, and has been confirmed by people asking on their Facebook. However, that is also subject to change at anytime as well.

With park hours only until 6 a nighttime event wasn't in the cards.

They took down all the upcoming events info that's usually posted in the park on these gates. I'd guess they are still figuring out if any of the events will be happening the way things are going. If capacity is diminished how can you have events that would have pushed normal capacity? As things play out for the rest of the year we'll have to see if things are added in again with expanded capacity and hours.

To be honest, it pains me to even share this here but rumblings are starting about bankruptcy. BGW already stated it isn’t worth opening and none of their projects company wide can be finished and/or open because liens.

And now this

Thoughts ??

Rumblings? That article reads like pure speculation.
Agreed. That’s why I said it pains me to even share it and asked for thoughts . While I agree with you 100% it is still very concerning because nearly every single step of their recent behavior is exactly how a company would act just before a bankruptcy filing.

This article is not the first I have heard about the questionable relationship between SWE and Hill Path Capital.

And yes, I have heard that SWE is trying to off load animals.

Last edited:
That money had been set aside already before all this happened I believe. This was a settlement. It may actually free up some cash now the lawsuit is behind them.