SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Surf Coaster: "Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good"

Surprisingly, the new coaster is still moving forward. The permits were set to expire on 7/13 but SWO filed an extension and now has until 7/31 to submit revised plans. They're also actively paying off their liens, as well as permitting fees associated with smaller projects that were on hold, like the new bar under the Wild Arctic canopy.

According to the Sentinel article on the issue, SeaWorld is only paying $19.5 million with the rest being paid by their insurance company. This also could have been much worse if the judge had thrown the agreement out.

Reactions: Mad Dog
According to the Sentinel article on the issue, SeaWorld is only paying $19.5 million with the rest being paid by their insurance company. This also could have been much worse if the judge had thrown the agreement out.
Heck, that's way less than the cost of the Dumbo flat ride at WDW. That shouldn't be very restrictive to the company in real terms.

Surprisingly, the new coaster is still moving forward. The permits were set to expire on 7/13 but SWO filed an extension and now has until 7/31 to submit revised plans. They're also actively paying off their liens, as well as permitting fees associated with smaller projects that were on hold, like the new bar under the Wild Arctic canopy.
It did appear that RMC was back at Busch...and there was some activity at Ice Breaker

I'm still holding out for it

It's also really interesting to see the conceptual renderings showing the overall park. You can clearly see the overall masterplan they had for SWO with a coaster by Nautilus (Mako), a raft ride replacing the Sea Garden (Infinity Falls), and a coaster to replace Wild Arctic (which seems to have become Ice Breaker).

Also, the Giraffe Hotel for BGT looks amazing too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
It's also really interesting to see the conceptual renderings showing the overall park. You can clearly see the overall masterplan they had for SWO with a coaster by Nautilus (Mako), a raft ride replacing the Sea Garden (Infinity Falls), and a coaster to replace Wild Arctic (which seems to have become Ice Breaker).

Also, the Giraffe Hotel for BGT looks amazing too.
To be fair, this was 2017, so they already had a good idea on most of this stuff (really everything up through Sesame Street can be seen about how it is now on the renderings).

SWPE has batted around hotel ideas for ages (mostly BGT and SWO), and I can't think of a single concept for them that I've seen that would disappoint. They just seem to be very trigger shy on it.

From what I've seen, some elements of this made it into the entrance redesign that was about to go forward, but alas, I'd be surprised if that wasn't either canned or severely delayed (the entrance redesign at least, I'm partly under the impression that the coaster is past the point of cancellation.

Reactions: Alicia
Saw on Orlando Park News that the queue line was removed for Wild Arctic. Has SeaWorld finally put it out of its misery?

It would seem that way

I normally see people bypassing the ride portion anyway...It's a fun concept that is just tired now

Would love to see a Sesame dark ride set in the Arctic though, could be fun.

Reactions: n i c k
They can probably sell the ride parts for more than the ride is worth. Aren't the Star Tours motion bases Iwerks as well?

I've dreamed for many years of a themed hotel for BGT.
But I just don't see it happening, not now at least for obvious reasons.
Does anyone have some maps showing what land SWO and BGT actually own around the park where they could even put a hotel? Im sure there is land for Busch but I think Seas is really sparse on land there in Orlando.