Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion

Weird how it's all Disney attractions yet Symbolica and other dark rides from around the world aren't listed. Huh, weird.

j/k it's not weird it's because they're insular with myopic theme park opinions. Let them live their miserable lives watching Horizons vids on youtube.
I mean this kind of comment only separates the fans further and diminishes the other group..... I see no issue of people want to recall their favorite memories.

Maybe I should have re-worded what I had said. I meant like Fantasyland style dark ride. Short, "simple" and sweet rides.

Haunted Mansion and Pirates have a much larger scale and scope from Pets. And saying Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Mr. Toad are any more cohesive and "mature" than Pets (that's what they were implying) is blind fanboyism.

I like stuff that looks cool (Mario Kart is a complex situation) End of story.

Last edited:
Maybe I should have re-worded what I had said. I meant like Fantasyland style dark ride. Short, "simple" and sweet rides.

Haunted Mansion and Pirates have a much larger scale and scope from Pets. And saying Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Mr. Toad are any more cohesive and "mature" than Pets (that's what they were implying) is blind fanboyism.

I like stuff that looks cool (Mario Kart is a complex situation) End of story.

We know what you mean. Anyone who is trying to think anyone is equating this to Haunted Mansion, or Pirates, or any other mega dark ride is out to lunch.

We are comparing this to other c-ticket dark rides, and this one is a sheer win.

And are people actually saying the AA's aren't good? I don't get it, they seem pretty fluid to me. Especially when so many of the classic dark rides have simple mannequins that move only slightly. I really thought we'd be getting Monsters Inc. style figures for this.

I was surprised by the stairs in the queue for a new ride...guess due to space constraints?. My wife has MD so I always keep an eye out for things that will be difficult for her. Thinking back..seems like U does have a bunch of stairs in their queues. Mummy, MIB, FJ (exit). Gringotts. Yes I know alternate routes are probably available but sometimes you don't want to leave the group. Only ride I can think of with steps at Disney are the subs in DL..

I was surprised by the stairs in the queue for a new ride...guess due to space constraints?. My wife has MD so I always keep an eye out for things that will be difficult for her. Thinking back..seems like U does have a bunch of stairs in their queues. Mummy, MIB, FJ (exit). Gringotts. Yes I know alternate routes are probably available but sometimes you don't want to leave the group. Only ride I can think of with steps at Disney are the subs in DL..

I totally hear your accessibility concerns here, but Disneyland does have more than a few. Indiana Jones Adventure, Incredicoaster, Submarine Voyage, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, etc.

Presumably Pets has an elevator, yes?

Just saw the wait times on the app right now and it looks like you can do virtual queuing or just go straight to the line. Seems like stand-by will be an option when the park is really slow.

I've been avoiding this thread until I could ride it for myself. Rode it twice today, and loved it. It's a far better C ticket/family dark ride than anything Disney has done lately (on the same scale... obviously something like RotR is on a different scale, I mean things like Winnie the Pooh or Monsters, Inc... this is way better, by far). And the queue is extremely clever and natural... sort of like if Mickey's House in Toontown were blended with Spiderman's queue at IOA, all in a Pets theme.

The animatronics were perfect to me. To those who wanted more "realistic", I ask you to turn to It's a Small World at Disney. Not realistic at all, but charming in it's simplicity and appeal.

The screens at the end didn't bother me at all, I loved the idea of the families "following" you at the end, super cute.

I have two very, very minor criticisms. One, I do feel the fireworks scene goes on a bit too long. The first part of that scene is a bit of a lag (like something is missing), and the final section of the fireworks just seems redundant. Second, the ride seems to stop a lot. I'm not sure if it's due to guests, or just breaking down. But out of the two rides we did today (hours apart), we stopped about three times each.

They're very minor points, and they don't stop me from loving this ride. I'll defintely be going on it nearly everytime I visit the park from here on out. And I figure the operations will improve over time. On the whole, a huge win for Universal.

I’m going Friday. Hopefully the virtual queue won’t be gobbled up within a minute for each window like it was for Hagrid’s when I went to UO.
I Think you will be fine

Unlike that ride its literally only allowed a few thousand people and sure not everyone will get there when the park opens so as long as you get in by 11 AM should be able to get one

It has Express, but you sometimes have to ask a Team Member at the line to let you in.

Also, I was initially worried if there'd be any available Virtual Queue tickets left at all, because I wasn't able to arrive to USH until about 3:15pm... so I was figuring that maybe all the Virtual Queue stuff would be gone. However, at 3:15, we were able to get a return time of 3:45, so that didn't seem much of an issue. But I would estimate the Virtual Queue line to be about 30 minutes long, so plan for that. Even Express took about 10 minutes, which really isn't that bad, but I was half expecting to walk on directly. There was some waiting. Even though it's an ominimover, the cars are spaced really far apart, and can only seat two, and (at least yesterday) weren't even seating every car. So the line backs up.

I still think they're getting their "sea legs". To me, the cars are spaced out enough to fill every one and still keep guests safely apart, and to their credit, I saw many cars with all the cars full... and then, they'd (seemingly inexplicably) let maybe 3 cars go by unfilled. I suspect it may have to do with ADA seating. We also saw some families take a long time to deliberate about who was going to sit next to who right at the boarding area, which is also causing missed cars.

Still seeing a large number of very positive reviews on SLoP. which is a credit to the work UC did on this attraction. I'm also seeing a lot of posters , on various sites, referring to it as a C ticket attraction.
That designation doesn't give SLoP the significance it earns/deserves.
In my opinion....the high level of the facade, a queue that's equal to a walk through attraction, and an amazing/ingenious story line with a multitude of animatronics/robots in a highly practical set
that uses screens in an advantageous manner, SLoP is , at the very least, a D ticket attraction. Plus it's a nice 5 minute ride, which is a bit longer than most new attractions we've been seeing.

It has Express, but you sometimes have to ask a Team Member at the line to let you in.

Also, I was initially worried if there'd be any available Virtual Queue tickets left at all, because I wasn't able to arrive to USH until about 3:15pm... so I was figuring that maybe all the Virtual Queue stuff would be gone. However, at 3:15, we were able to get a return time of 3:45, so that didn't seem much of an issue. But I would estimate the Virtual Queue line to be about 30 minutes long, so plan for that. Even Express took about 10 minutes, which really isn't that bad, but I was half expecting to walk on directly. There was some waiting. Even though it's an ominimover, the cars are spaced really far apart, and can only seat two, and (at least yesterday) weren't even seating every car. So the line backs up.

I still think they're getting their "sea legs". To me, the cars are spaced out enough to fill every one and still keep guests safely apart, and to their credit, I saw many cars with all the cars full... and then, they'd (seemingly inexplicably) let maybe 3 cars go by unfilled. I suspect it may have to do with ADA seating. We also saw some families take a long time to deliberate about who was going to sit next to who right at the boarding area, which is also causing missed cars.
Do you have link your AP/ticket to get in the V line?

Just want to be prepared when I go on Sunday