Should Universal do a Fall Festival/Alternate Halloween Event? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Should Universal do a Fall Festival/Alternate Halloween Event?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m shocked Universal didn’t make Pizza Fries permanent a long time ago. It’s not like KidZone Pizza Company was doing gangbusters.
Yes and no. I don't think they would do enough business on a regular day to warrant KZ Pizza being open. Louie's is a different story. But there's also something to be said about building pent up demand for a product (in this case, Pizza Fries), so that you can maximize profits off of it during HHN.

I'm not quite sure they would make the amount of money that they make on Pizza Fries at HHN in those 2 months in an entire year of daily operation.

Reactions: SeventyOne

This is something that i agree with and makes complete business sense. Most of it can be accomplished with minimal extra cost. The resort really needs something to attract
locals during what promises to be a very dead Sept/Oct. with very little, outside the bordering states, tourism.

I’m shocked Universal didn’t make Pizza Fries permanent a long time ago. It’s not like KidZone Pizza Company was doing gangbusters.

Yes and no. I don't think they would do enough business on a regular day to warrant KZ Pizza being open. Louie's is a different story. But there's also something to be said about building pent up demand for a product (in this case, Pizza Fries), so that you can maximize profits off of it during HHN.

I'm not quite sure they would make the amount of money that they make on Pizza Fries at HHN in those 2 months in an entire year of daily operation.

It's the same reason that McDonald's only offers the McRib for a limited time each year. Sure, the desire is there for offering it year-round, but limiting the window of purchase increases demand and creates FOMO for consumers.

Definitely think they should decorate for the Halloween season and sell some of our favorite Halloween food items.

With the park relying heavily on locals for the next few years I think we should see more events catering to locals and passholders! It was great seeing Potter get a small Halloween event last year. Would love to see it expand to include USJ's trick or treat element(not this year of course). Got to go after the demographics haha.

Half the reason people love it is because they're a seasonal item. It's why Food & Wine, despite printing money and single-handedly keeping Epcot afloat, is only part of the year. By making it year around you'll basically ruin it, see year round haunted houses.

Finn's and Lombard's need to sell specialty cocktails in ceramic tiki mugs and they box it up before you leave like they do with the Mythos glass that the Potion of the Gods come in.

Monster Mash: Jack Daniels Sour Mash Whiskey, Monster Energy Drink, Sour Mix, Sprite.

ghedgnnz2znvxmrmmbdw.jpg

Pumpkin Head: Pumpkin Spice Moonshine, RumChata, La Croix.

Tiki-Mug-Eekum-Bookum-Tiki-Tony-Pumpkin-Head.jpg

So Bloody Hot: Tanteo Jalapeno Tequila, Zingo Habanaro Bloody Mary Mix, Salt & Pepper Rim.

mcigdxfntu9a86xywhac-250x324.jpg

I can
Half the reason people love it is because they're a seasonal item. It's why Food & Wine, despite printing money and single-handedly keeping Epcot afloat, is only part of the year. By making it year around you'll basically ruin it, see year round haunted houses.
I can definitely understand this, but like... is it a GUARANTEE that it wouldn't be a popular permanent item?

Honestly, the main problem would be any fall event simply wouldn’t be able to live up to the concept of Halloween Horror Nights 30. It’s one of the biggest Universal events and an anniversary year on top of it. How can you compete with it?

Reactions: SeventyOne
No one expects another fall event to compete with HHN, or replace it, but people want SOMETHING seasonal.
The main problem would be exactly what? The best one could hope for is maybe a few decorations thrown up like Disney with pumpkins, scarecrows, and maybe a few of classic monsters at best if Universal remembers them. I suppose that if we were stretching and assume Universal is on their A Game, they could create something similar to a modified Mari Gras. Have a Cavalcade of Universal Horror themed icons show up and wave to the crowd along with some offerings of typical Halloween Horror Nights food offerings. That’s once again assuming Universal is on the ball which I have major doubts about.

The only thing I can think of is CP or the New York area near Transformers becomes some sort of Classic Monsters themed events. Meet n Greets, near the Mummy, special food and drink offerings, cool sets around the area, I really think thats all they can do/hope for. Maybe some special
"awakening of the monsters" each night or every weekend night to get people in the parks. Idk sounds lame I guess lol but frankly I'm not sure what other event could work or cause any sort of spike in attendance.

the New York area near Transformers becomes some sort of Classic Monsters themed events. Meet n Greets, near the Mummy, special food and drink offerings, cool sets around the area, Maybe some special
"awakening of the monsters" each night or every weekend night to get people in the parks. Idk sounds lame I guess lol
Okay, Hollywood would probably be better set up for this. I know they have Meet and Greets with Frankenstein’s Monster and Dracula. I believe over in Orlando however they discontinued Frankie sometime in the 90s. I also think Harry from Harry and the Hendersons was in the parks too but he’s long gone as well. Of course, if anybody is going to show, they’d bring back Beetlejuice and maybe fish those other monster costumes out of storage
Frankenstein+and+Dracula+Universal+Studios+Hollywood+%28c%29+Cleverly+Catheryn

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Okay, Hollywood would probably be better set up for this. I know they have Meet and Greets with Frankenstein’s Monster and Dracula. I believe over in Orlando however they discontinued Frankie sometime in the 90s. I also think Harry from Harry and the Hendersons was in the parks too but he’s long gone as well. Of course, if anybody is going to show, they’d bring back Beetlejuice and maybe fish those other monster costumes out of storage
Frankenstein+and+Dracula+Universal+Studios+Hollywood+%28c%29+Cleverly+Catheryn
Maybe they can get Harry's cousin Darrel. I hear he is doing some commercial work.

Honestly, the main problem would be any fall event simply wouldn’t be able to live up to the concept of Halloween Horror Nights 30. It’s one of the biggest Universal events and an anniversary year on top of it. How can you compete with it?
Fall decorations would be more than adequate, IMO.

It's not much but it would be a welcome change of scenery for their core who is going to the parks right now; passholders and locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.