Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Should Universal do a Fall Festival/Alternate Halloween Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why anyone would think Universal would be "competing" with their OWN event that's been canceled. Lol.

I'd be completely cool with just general Halloween decorations around the park and some HHN/seasonal food options. If I'm not mistaken, they've never done normal general Halloween decorations?

I'm not sure why anyone would think Universal would be "competing" with their OWN event that's been canceled. Lol.

I'd be completely cool with just general Halloween decorations around the park and some HHN/seasonal food options. If I'm not mistaken, they've never done normal general Halloween decorations?

I recall Universal Hollywood in 2016 or 2017 doing a family event alongside HHN as a "test run" during the final 2 week stretch.

I think something family oriented during the daytime--perhaps like the USH daytime Halloween event that was tested or something like "Knott's Spooky Farm" would fit insanely well with the park.

I recall Universal Hollywood in 2016 or 2017 doing a family event alongside HHN as a "test run" during the final 2 week stretch.

I think something family oriented during the daytime--perhaps like the USH daytime Halloween event that was tested or something like "Knott's Spooky Farm" would fit insanely well with the park.
I wasn't aware of that - but that sounds really cool!

Since it looks like this is the angle we're getting for this year, thread created

Universal tweeted: Nightmares tonight? ✅, so I have a feeling we’ll find out tonight

Or just insinuating that they'll be having nightmares the next time they sleep, which will be tonight. Just don't want to get your hopes up.

It would be day-time overlay.
Here lie Halloween Horror Nights, banished from night and cast into the day. May it rise stronger than ever next year. Lol. Still sucks but if that and the tribute store are the best they can do? Guess we gotta take what we can get. This year has been a huge bummer for Universal though.

I'm not sure why anyone would think Universal would be "competing" with their OWN event that's been canceled.
Little literal on the interpretation but alright, you want to attract the crowd that comes to Halloween Horror Nights. Not everyone who comes to Universal are passholders after all. Universal needs to attract crowds in some manner to make up for the fact that HHN is a no show this year. Universal is usually swarmed during Horror Nights with plenty of people looking for a good scare. So how do you drum up any extra attendance when your big and grand event goes kaput? Especially when you’re in rather grim looking straits with Epic Universe being talked of being shelved for a long while. An event like this would definitely help in pushing some people to buying that great deal for Universal Passes for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Here lie Halloween Horror Nights, banished from night and cast into the day. May it rise stronger than ever next year. Lol. Still sucks but if that and the tribute store are the best they can do? Guess we gotta take what we can get. This year has been a huge bummer for Universal though.

Little literal on the interpretation but alright, you want to attract the crowd that comes to Halloween Horror Nights. Not everyone who comes to Universal are passholders after all. Universal needs to attract crowds in some manner to make up for the fact that HHN is a no show this year. Universal is usually swarmed during Horror Nights with plenty of people looking for a good scare. So how do you drum up any extra attendance when your big and grand event goes kaput? Especially when you’re in rather grim looking straits with Epic Universe being talked of being shelved for a long while. An event like this would definitely help in pushing some people to buying that great deal for Universal Passes for the rest of the year.
I think we might be on the same side here. Lol.

I guess luckily for Universal, they likely would have been relying on locals for HHN anyway. From a selfish point of view - I am not a local or passholder, I'm still traveling down next month from PA. And I really, really want to see SOMETHING Halloween.

EDIT: Per Orlando Informer, pizza fries are returning to Louie's tomorrow!

Last edited:
With them bringing food into the HHN tribute store, I wonder if we could see a tent or 2 pop up with those nasty frozen drinks? lmao

With them bringing food into the HHN tribute store, I wonder if we could see a tent or 2 pop up with those nasty frozen drinks? lmao
Wouldn't be a terrible idea in my opinion. There's definitely a market for people who want to get their Halloween fix, even if its just some of the food/drinks that they usually get at the event.

I'd also love to see them run a mini Mardi Gras style courtyard where they could have tents selling craft beers/small apps, sorta like a Food & Wine atmosphere, but more halloween/fall time related. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to throw together.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea in my opinion. There's definitely a market for people who want to get their Halloween fix, even if its just some of the food/drinks that they usually get at the event.

I'd also love to see them run a mini Mardi Gras style courtyard where they could have tents selling craft beers/small apps, sorta like a Food & Wine atmosphere, but more halloween/fall time related. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to throw together.
That would be great. I think the HHN fans (locals specifically) will eat up anything that has even a tinge of Halloween to it.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but for all the Universal Monsters fans here, Lowes is rolling out Halloween this week including a line of Universal Monsters products:

Good to see Universal leveraging one of their oldest and strongest IPs in new ways!

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but for all the Universal Monsters fans here, Lowes is rolling out Halloween this week including a line of Universal Monsters products:

Good to see Universal leveraging one of their oldest and strongest IPs in new ways!

Buying everything at this point

The embracing of the Monsters in the last few years makes me so happy

Status
Not open for further replies.