Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

Yeah me neither. I love the NY window residents. I mean, they have Cartooniversal, but that's too far. In Florida, they could build a whole Bikini Bottom. Here we'd probably just get a ride, shop and store. But we'd NEED a Krusty Krab!!!

I 'd personally like to see mabye a grinch dark ride or dark coaster like what scooby doo is in aussie and they can do it as it "Techinaclly" is a Universal film and with the new animated film that could be a option like Grinch Year round Esclusively for Universal Hollywood.

You guys won't like hearing this, but if Shrek is replaced it'll be by either another 3D show or a live show.

Or Potter.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I want a dark ride to replace shrek I'm ok with a new 3D show and live show if they are based on universal properties.

As for potter NO. that is too much for me.

I don't see how Potter would replace Shrek, though. By the time Shrek nears its closure, Potter will be wrapping up in that time - why would they demolish Shrek for Potter given that sort of time frame??

I wouldn't be surprised if it was replaced by another live/3D show. A space that small can't hold a groundbreaking attraction at the moment.

I'm not asking for a ground breaking attraction to take place of Shrek. I'd rather have a relatively simple dark ride than yet another 3D show....especially at USH.

Also, to put a ride there, maybe they could demolition the entire Shrek building and fit a new ride in the space and not conform to the old building's dimensions.

Although another cool option, in my opinion, would be to move Special Effects Stage to Shrek so that the Castle Theatre can be made into a totally new attraction, as per the expansion plan. I'd prefer losing Animal Actors and seeing AA enclosed and SES go in there, but another option would be to put SES (or maybe even a Lights Camera Action type show from Singapore in there!)

Regarding Potter, the only Potter related thing I could see replacing Shrek would be a Shrieking Shack attraction, since it's on the outskirts of Hogsmeade, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Now that the Gibson is demolished, Hogwarts will not necessarily take up up the exact footprint of the Gibson. It seems possible to position Hogwarts in such a way that is connects to the Shrek building where the Deference Against the Dark Arts show could be located.

Now that the Gibson is demolished, Hogwarts will not necessarily take up up the exact footprint of the Gibson. It seems possible to position Hogwarts in such a way that is connects to the Shrek building where the Deference Against the Dark Arts show could be located.
How do you mean? Could you post a layout of some sort?

How do you mean? Could you post a layout of some sort?
Hogwartsmap.png

At this point, Shrek won't be making way for Potter. Everything that's currently behind the construction walls in the Upper Lot will become Potter, and that's it.
Most of the Wizarding World will be new structures built from the ground up for Potter. However in the case of Shrek they could keep the existing building and simply replace one show with another show  This is a process that should be a lot quicker than constructing a new building from scratch. Because of this, work does not need to be started on the Shrek building as early as the rest of Potter. Universal might be trying to keep Shrek open for as long as possible. Then when it gets close to Potter opening, they could quickly convert Shrek into the Defense Against the Dark Arts show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Shrek will close for Potter at all, and I doubt it would be a quick change from Shrek into a Potter show. It'd be nice to have a Defense Against the Dark Arts show similar to the old Ghostbusters show, but I doubt we'd see it.