Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I might done down my review in a few days. Going to let that sit and see how it ages. Might be too critical.

Adding new seats, similar to D-Box, with a wider range of motion, would be a fun update. I'd rather see a totally new attraction in that spot though. Give me a Spongebob or Dr. Suess attraction of some kind in there....
Or a new ride based on something ORIGINAL. What. just my thought on that of a new attraction there. NO STAR TREK THERE OR I WILL GO UNIVERSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt we'd get anything completely original at USH. I wish, as I trust Universal Creative, but with limited land here, it would have to be a sure success. Although in all honesty, a unique and original ride that is high quality would be popular regardless if it's not based on anything as long as it's high quality.

But yeah, I'd like to see a Star Trek ride replace Simpsons, and Spongebob or Dr Suess replace Shrek.

I would love it if Spongebob or Seuss (Cat, Lorax, Horton, or Grinch) dark rides took shrek's place but I would like to see a Scooby-Doo dark ride or something like Scooby-Doo's Spooky Coaster (indoor wild mouse) at Warner Bros Movie World.

106j22e.jpg

ztf62w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After searching the forums to find out when the Shrek 4D contract with Nestle ends, I saw some say 2015 and others say 2016. Which is it? Can someone bring some clarity to when exactly this contract ends?

Would it be possible to keep Shrek open through the rest of 2015, and then quickly change it to the rumored Defense Against the Dark Arts show in time for the Potter opening?

Would it be possible to keep Shrek open through the rest of 2015, and then quickly change it to the rumored Defense Against the Dark Arts show in time for the Potter opening?
When did this old Floridian rumor return? Shrek 4D is nowhere near where Hogwarts will be located, so a DATDA show wouldn't make sense there at all.

The most "Potter" related attraction I can see fitting into Shrek and making sense is a Shrieking Shack attraction, which is on the outskirts of Hogsmeade and would fit. But I'd rather have Shrek's location saved for something else...

Reactions: Alexshow.
For the sake of clarity, the use of Shrek building is not part of the Defense Against the Dark Arts class rumor. Most likely the Shrek building will have nothing to do with Potter. I put the Shrek building idea out there as a hypothetical scenario. It is something I though could be possible by doing clever things with the queue. You could enter the queue by entering Hogwarts, and go through an under ground tunnel and end up in the Shrek building without ever making you think you left Hogwarts.

This is wild speculation here. There seems to be a trend toward themed lands in Universal Studios Hollywood like Springfield, Harry Potter, and Despicable Me. I noticed that the sponsorship of Shrek, and the performer contract with Water World end at about the same time. Could both of these go down at the end of 2015 to make way for yet another themed land?

This is wild speculation here. There seems to be a trend toward themed lands in Universal Studios Hollywood like Springfield, Harry Potter, and Despicable Me. I noticed that the sponsorship of Shrek, and the performer contract with Water World end at about the same time. Could both of these go down at the end of 2015 to make way for yet another themed land?
Sponsorships can be bought out or negotiated if Universal really wanted to push things forward. I wouldn't put weight on either one.

As for your second point, I'm not sure why Universal would knock down two attractions just before Wizarding World opens. I would think that any decision associated with future themed lands would be acted upon now. They're already taking proactive steps right now in closing Studio Souvenirs and the surrounding Amity area, so any hints towards WaterWorld or Shrek going away would already be seen.

Besides, WaterWorld ain't going anywhere. Not with the recent upgrades they've enacted.