Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And Villain Con was in Orlando, so it fits better than any ride in the park.
It was also set in 1970s. And Gru was only a little kid at the time, soooo not a good fit across from Minion Mayhem where Gru is an adult?

Sometimes I think they only put Villain Con in Orlando in the movie so they could use clips for theme park commercials one day:
minionsbar640.jpg

I guess this could be a modern Villain-Con, but I bet we'd see young Dr. Nefario on the ride just like in the film... just to mess with my brain's ability to comprehend the mixing of time periods within two attractions.
villain-con-freeze-ray.jpg

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
It was also set in 1970s. And Gru was only a little kid at the time, soooo not a good fit across from Minion Mayhem where Gru is an adult?

Sometimes I think they only put Villain Con in Orlando in the movie so they could use clips for theme park commercials one day:
View attachment 5959

I guess this could be a modern Villain-Con, but I bet we'd see young Dr. Nefario on the ride just like in the film... just to mess with my brain's ability to comprehend the mixing of time periods within two attractions.
View attachment 5960

To be honest, what stops them from just not having a story, and just letting it be almost as if it's special transportation around the con to look at the certain randomized booths?

Shrek 4D isn’t in New York

While true, I thought it was pretty universally accepted around here that they should expand new york out to include SLoP, Minions, and consume Monsters Cafe.

But hey, if a cheaper TSL: Minions Edition right when you walk in the park appeals to anyone, more power to them I guess.

A while back, it seemed like USF really understood its theme. The park would be based around cities. Springfield, London, SF (for F&F), NYC, Hollywood.

The entrance plaza is the only part of the park that doesn't follow this pattern at all.

A while back, it seemed like USF really understood its theme. The park would be based around cities. Springfield, London, SF (for F&F), NYC, Hollywood.

The entrance plaza is the only part of the park that doesn't follow this pattern at all.
The entrance is production offices, the first buildings you encounter at a movie studio. Next is sound stages. Then you get to the themed backlots that look like popular cities. It’s set up like Universal City, or any movie studio.

It’s always made sense, it’s just times they are a changing and we’ve come to expect all of our theme parks to immerse us in separately themed lands now.

Did the old Studio Styles store in Hollywood close down? Last I checked it was turning into a SLoP gift shop.

If so, doesn't that hold at least some value for the Shrek>SLoP rumors?

While true, I thought it was pretty universally accepted around here that they should expand new york out to include SLoP, Minions, and consume Monsters Cafe.

But hey, if a cheaper TSL: Minions Edition right when you walk in the park appeals to anyone, more power to them I guess.

Dial back the hyperbole.

I love the idea of a trackless dark ride at the front of the park tbh

I think, if they do this right, it could be a great fix for the front of the park..

I could honestly see them redoing the outside of DM: MM and the Shrek theater

to look more in line with the neighborhood from Hollywood

It's basically the Springfield formula applied to Mionion - I'm ok with that

This would also take some traffic away from DM: MM

Example:

Despicable_Me_-_Minion_Mayhem%2C_Universal_Studios_Hollywood.jpg

Did the old Studio Styles store in Hollywood close down? Last I checked it was turning into a SLoP gift shop.

If so, doesn't that hold at least some value for the Shrek>SLoP rumors?
It’s open and sells both Illumination and DreamWorks animated character items, not just SLoP. There’s Trolls, Shrek, and Minions too.

It’s just a cartoon store overall.

Reactions: floridakid
USJ-16.jpg

If Villain Con does come, what I expect to happen to the front of the park

Pretty much.

I'd love that- USJ's minion area is great (including the fountain you can't see in that pic). But it's impossible w/ the parade route and current traffic flow. You'd have to get rid off all that grass.

In actuality- It would look nothing like that - outside of the building facades.