Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol. Where is all this room coming from? Where could they feasibly put "grass"?

0% chance of that happening. It simply isn't possible.

USJ-16.jpg

If Villain Con does come, what I expect to happen to the front of the park
Is that USJ? Cause I love it

I don't think anyone's saying for the actual park to be coming, but only that they would probably do changes to the building's of DMMM and Villain-Con to match the Minion Park buildings from Osaka.

Picture it with a wide street down the center and the NY facade towards the end...That would be our version

I don't think anyone's saying for the actual park to be coming, but only that they would probably do changes to the building's of DMMM and Villain-Con to match the Minion Park buildings from Osaka.

Production Central would finally have some theming...This could be a blessing in disguise..

Reactions: Legacy

Buildings? What buildings?

We have one- Shrek. And a small part of DM.

It's wishful thinking and impossible. USH's facade? Feasible. USJ's? There is only ~20% facade space vs USJ. It quite literally can look nothing like that. Not even close.

Picture it with a wide street down the center and the NY facade towards the end...That would be our version

Right- a wide street, no grass, restaurants, etc- just building facades.
Pick one facade on the left and two (smaller ones) on the right and scrap everything else that you see in that entire picture.

USJ's is awesome. USF's won't be. An improvement over Shrek? Sure. But think more in line with "Muppets Land" vs USJs DM area. Simply due to the lack of space.

Last edited:

It's wishful thinking and impossible. USH's facade? Feasible. USJ's? There is only ~20% facade space vs USJ. It quite literally can look nothing like that. Not even close.

But here's the thing, your assuming that they would exactly be like the Osaka's facades, when they will be most likely changed in some shape or form if Villain-Con comes. I would assume that they'd have a similar version of those facades from Osaka, but being able to fit into that space, while at the same time allowing itself to still be used for the Parade Route as an actual street.

Tempted to do an abridged Photoshop if I could.

But here's the thing, your assuming that they would exactly be like the Osaka's facades, when they will be most likely changed in some shape or form if Villain-Con comes. I would assume that they'd have a similar version of those facades from Osaka, but being able to fit into that space, while at the same time allowing itself to still be used for the Parade Route as an actual street.

It's not that I'm assuming they'll look anything like Osakas. In fact- I would expect it to look more like USH. I'm just saying it's impossible for it to look like Osakas because you're talking about 20% of the room. We aren't working with multiple buildings that have restaurants and candy shops and stores here like in USJ- you're dealing with 1- a show building in Shrek.

It can't look like it because its 1/5 scale. Osaka basically did Springfield's makeover for Despicable me.
That's all you need to do- look at Springfield's size vs DM/Shrek.

Right- a wide street, no grass, restaurants, etc- just building facades.
Pick one facade on the left and two (smaller ones) on the right and scrap everything else that you see in that entire picture.

USJ's is awesome. USF's won't be. An improvement over Shrek? Sure. But think more in line with "Muppets Land" vs USJs DM area. Simply due to the lack of space.
It is a vast improvement over the weakest area at the resort thematically..And if you like fake grass just keep walking forward, there is a park for you right past the soundstages

I was going to as well, the perspective is hard though haha

The entrance is production offices, the first buildings you encounter at a movie studio. Next is sound stages. Then you get to the themed backlots that look like popular cities. It’s set up like Universal City, or any movie studio.

It’s always made sense, it’s just times they are a changing and we’ve come to expect all of our theme parks to immerse us in separately themed lands now.
In that context, you’re perfectly right. I’m a big proponent of separate themed lands, but I think IoA has shown that it’s hard to make an entire park of them work perfectly. IoA can’t do a parade because Seuss and Potter can’t intermingle.

I hope the future of Universal is a lot of lands laid out like London. A generic “outside” that could play host to any theme of parade or nighttime show and then a fully themed “inside” dedicated to an IP or idea

In that context, you’re perfectly right. I’m a big proponent of separate themed lands, but I think IoA has shown that it’s hard to make an entire park of them work perfectly. IoA can’t do a parade because Seuss and Potter can’t intermingle.

I hope the future of Universal is a lot of lands laid out like London. A generic “outside” that could play host to any theme of parade or nighttime show and then a fully themed “inside” dedicated to an IP or idea
As far as I know IOA can't do parades because they wont fit on the paths...There are some discrepancies with Suess, but the path issue is the biggest problem...But IOA was never really built for that

Plus, DM is a Universal owned property...I have a feeling we're going to see more Universal properties replacing non..

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Perhaps you should do the same Joe. You have become quite boorish lately, making this site less fun than it otherwise would be.
Sorry to hear Teebin is discontinuing his posting on IU. I hope the issue of limiting conversations gets alleviated so we can get the top Universal insider (Teebin) back posting again. This is a sad day indeed for all of us Universal fans.

As far as I know IOA can't do parades because they wont fit on the paths...There are some discrepancies with Suess, but the path issue is the biggest problem...But IOA was never really built for that

Plus, DM is a Universal owned property...I have a feeling we're going to see more Universal properties replacing non..
I thought MK the low clearance due to lot of the bridges and ride paths also contributes to this. It’s also pretty unnnecessary.