Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Potter expansion will start before Shrek replacement, as it has the most work to be done, yes. But it's not like they have to drain and tear down JAWS. It's just an open air theater to demolish at least.

How long did it take to build Transformers again?

Okay, fine, that was a clone...

How long did it take to build Volcano Bay then?

It can be shocking how fast they get these things done. ;)

Add in that it's also kind of being built during a void:

EU hasn't really started pace yet as it's still in pre construction mode.

SeaWorld and Busch aren't building anything.

Guardians appears to be almost finished.

Tron only has 2 workers on it.

If you're wanting to build a ride quickly, now is the time to do it.

Even more on top is that if the crowd levels are low and not really expecting to pick up until next year, with Shrek in the middle of the park, it's the perfect time.

So is the shrek replacement* meant to be fairly temporary? or are we going all in on a minions production central

So is the shrek replacement* meant to be fairly temporary? or are we going all in on a minions production central

It will be there until they come up with a good idea for the location (why they don't already have one is a whole other discussion).

I'm expecting whatever this replacement is will be there until close to the end of this decade or beyond.

My biggest question is simple. Are they building two identical Villain-Con walkthroughs? So they can still use half the building for HHN? Or is it one large attraction, and they lose that spot?
Or, are they just use one theater for Villain-Con, which is essentially a kid-friendly, Despicable Me-themed haunted house, for a 3-minute walk-through and leave the second theater as “flex.”

Last edited:
Or, are they just using one theater for Villain-Con, which is essentially a kid-friendly, Despicable Me-themed haunted house, for a 3-minute walk-through and leave the second theater as “flex.”
I really hope that's not what they're doing.

If this is mostly just for kids, why not take advantage of the height of the building to create an immersive Minions-themed playground, versus a short structured experience.

EDIT: And by playground, I mean something on the level of Camp Jurassic or Redwood Creek Challenge.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I really hope that's not what they're doing.

If this is mostly just for kids, why not take advantage of the height of the building to create an immersive Minions-themed playground, versus a short structured experience.

EDIT: And by playground, I mean something on the level of Camp Jurassic or Redwood Creek Challenge.
I didn’t say “for kids.” I said “kid-friendly.” There’s a difference. A Day in the Park with Barney was “for kids.” ET Adventure is “kid-friendly.”

I didn’t say “for kids.” I said “kid-friendly.” There’s a difference. A Day in the Park with Barney was “for kids.” ET Adventure is “kid-friendly.”

Wouldn't a benefit also come with this, in allowing the two "Venues" (one being for Villain-Con and the other being for flex/HHN) to be upgraded with more modern tech, to allow to simply modify where need be? I'd have to think they would take up the opportunity in the sake of the walkthrough, to make it as modern in tech as they can.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
There's already a great shooting attraction in the park, though!

The best ever built, in fact!

food for thought: the attraction begins in a small little pre-show, as small groups of 5 are walking around Villain Con with little blasters that are then returned to TM's, as they shoot and cause a mixture of digital and practical effects (even if the practical effects are more simple)?

@Mad Dog has a right of it: shooting attractions can be great additions. Especially if each diversify from eachother.

Reactions: natespf and Mad Dog