Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s starting to look like my theory may be accurate.

Solid question to ask: Could it be possible that they just flat out renovate the section that's used for HHN, to expand the potential uses of that venue?

That would allow the other theater, the one currently used for Shrek, to then be able to have multiple small, Goofy's House level rooms; with projection mapping included for specific booths.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Then when? There were already plans ready to go to put the Dreamworks Theater here and the loud outcries about screens put it off.

As I said. When they have a permanent and proper replacement.

They’ll put something temporary in place to fill the “we need a new thing every year” quota. I just hope if it’s this walk through, that it’s high quality and doesn’t stick around too long.

Bring SLOP over. Bring Dreamworks Theatre. Build a proper minions dark ride and then get rid of Minion Mayhem…

Unless they’re planning to build more Minion/Despicable Me attractions, I guess I don’t see why this wasn’t saved for Epic Universe, or some version of it maybe pleased for Epic Universe. If it’s true some Illumination land is going to the new park then it’s wild to think Minions wouldn’t be a headliner equal to something like SLOP. So it’s just weird that VillainCon is the choice to me, for so many reasons.

As I said. When they have a permanent and proper replacement.

They’ll put something temporary in place to fill the “we need a new thing every year” quota. I just hope if it’s this walk through, that it’s high quality and doesn’t stick around too long.

Bring SLOP over. Bring Dreamworks Theatre. Build a proper minions dark ride and then get rid of Minion Mayhem…

And this isn’t permanent or proper? Again we’re burying this thing before any actual information is out.

"S-sir--we are getting concerned about congestion for our walkthrough attraction."
"Then put a moving belt, forcing guests to move even if they stay standing."

Theme Park University is reporting that this will feature a moving walkway- like shark encounter. I call BS. I’m thinking just walking.

I may be in the minority but I’m actually excited to see how this moving walkthrough turns out. The concept is interesting and may turn out to be a massive hit.

Uni creative has delivered some solid additions the last couple of years so I trust they can make this attraction a success. Hopefully they were giving a decent budget to make it work though.

Last edited:
Reactions: frank_1991_
Haven’t read the story yet, but when I heard discussion of a moving walkway, it was… “they may try to add some sort of moving belt or something.”

Honestly, didn’t sound exactly safe to me. It’s either a ride or a walk through. Something where we are focusing on a screen while the floor moves below us sounds like a tumbling waiting to happen lol. But that’s me.

But anyway, yea, I heard that too.

Universal’s plan sounds like they’re kicking the can down the road.

“Let’s close Shrek, replace it with a walkthrough attraction of an IP already represented in the parks for several years, then figure out what to do with the space.”

Uh…what?

Absolutely can't wrap my head around this moving walkway thing if the attraction also involves checking out "booths" and shooting at targets. Sounds like ideas from two different versions of it entering the rumormill.

Reactions: OrlLover
Universal’s plan sounds like they’re kicking the can down the road.

“Let’s close Shrek, replace it with a walkthrough attraction of an IP already represented in the parks for several years, then figure out what to do with the space.”

Uh…what?
From all accounts (because I won’t ride it), the seat mechanisms in Shrek are in super rough shape. The choice was probably replace them or do...whatever this is instead. It’s kicking stuff down the line, but considering everything going on that was probably always going to happen