Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed. Shrek will leave Universal and then be re-represented again in the parks. Possibly Far Far Away Mini Land.

Personally, I see Shrek Swamp and Far Far Away as a full land for Gate 3; with the highlights being a classic Dark Ride telling the first film, and a family outdoor coaster based on Puss In Boots. The franchise is iconic; and with new films coming up from the franchise (s as you count PiB), it makes sense to feature the IPs at the future park in a better vision.

Personally, I see Shrek Swamp and Far Far Away as a full land for Gate 3; with the highlights being a classic Dark Ride telling the first film, and a family outdoor coaster based on Puss In Boots. The franchise is iconic; and with new films coming up from the franchise (s as you count PiB), it makes sense to feature the IPs at the future park in a better vision.
After the singapore horror fest of puss in boots. I hope they never try it again.

Reactions: Mike S
I would rather have Shrek than a Pitch Perfect show any day.

The problem with that kind of show is it will basically be a new version of Beetlejuice. The songs may be fresh in everyone's mind when it opens. But give it about 3-5 years and then they'll have to update it. I think an attraction like that dies out very quickly.
I'd rather have Shrek than a chick-flick

I can dig it Alex. I can roll with that. After all, People absolutely love the Green Olgar.

Reactions: tankart150
Whats funny is the third gate if it is indeed the targeted area, has natural swampyness. That would dig right into a Shrek Swamp.

Reactions: tankart150
I really hope they don't run Shrek into the ground more than it has been already. Come up with a good reason of bringing it back first, not "just because."
The article did mention something that led me to believe we could see new characters or story-line introduced for a reboot?
If Power Rangers can get a re-boot, so can Shrek. Comcast puts big big boy pants on and Create a Despicable Me like Trilogy with a fresh new script that translates to family fun and entertainment on and off the screen. Win Win for Universal.

The article did mention something that led me to believe we could see new characters or story-line introduced for a reboot?
If Power Rangers can get a re-boot, so can Shrek. Comcast puts big big boy pants on and Create a Despicable Me like Trilogy with a fresh new script that translates to family fun and entertainment on and off the screen. Win Win for Universal.

I'd imagine it'd use the same characters; but I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to ground zero and just reboot the franchise with a new version of the original film and a new cast of new and popular comedians that can last for a entirely new franchise.

I'd imagine it'd use the same characters; but I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to ground zero and just reboot the franchise with a new version of the original film and a new cast of new and popular comedians that can last for a entirely new franchise.
As much as I want this from a theme park fan standpoint, I can not help but wonder if this would be something the general public would accept with open arms? What do you think?

As much as I want this from a theme park fan standpoint, I can not help but wonder if this would be something the general public would accept with open arms? What do you think?

That all depends on who they get to portray the characters to me, as Comedy varies.

I really hope they don't run Shrek into the ground more than it has been already. Come up with a good reason of bringing it back first, not "just because."

Park logic = Its still a iconic franchise, even if its two last films; S3 & SFA didn't get everyone's appeal. But if they play it right, they can make sure that people would want to go to the parks.

Business logic = its still something that does make quite a bit of money, even if you think it doesn't. And that's all thanks to merchandise..

The thing with Shrek is it doesn't even have to be about the ogre but could be the adventures of Pinocchio, Gingy and the three pigs etc...that movie has so many supporting characters that are entertaining it should be the easiest to reboot. Also why I think Far Far Away works best as that ties into Puss and Boots, Shrek, essentially all the characters have been to Far Far Away.