Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't hate to hear it.. I wish Universal had a few indoor slow moving boat rides with awesome sets and AA's. I wouldn't even mind a few screens in there :bonk:
Same here, just put a little drop in there for a minor thrill. I'd also love a boat ride using the water vortex tunnel from Poseidon, actually, Poseidon would have been great as a boat ride.

Same here, just put a little drop in there for a minor thrill. I'd also love a boat ride using the water vortex tunnel from Poseidon, actually, Poseidon would have been great as a boat ride.
I always think of Poseidon being an Indian Jones type ride...and I get sad from the lost potential...but...Back in the late 90's walkthroughs were a big thing...They were the parachute pants of attractions if you will

I was watching Shrek the Third the other day and it's actually hilarious. To me at least. The first 2 are great of course, but the third gets grouped with the 4th as being bad films but I enjoy it. But the 4th is terrible. I've only watched it once.

The Shrek franchise has been a huge success for Universal. I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon, whether a 5th film is in the cards or not

Reactions: tankart150
I was watching Shrek the Third the other day and it's actually hilarious. To me at least. The first 2 are great of course, but the third gets grouped with the 4th as being bad films but I enjoy it. But the 4th is terrible. I've only watched it once.

The Shrek franchise has been a huge success for Universal. I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon, whether a 5th film is in the cards or not

'Shrek 5' confirmed and gets release date - News follows NBCUniversal's acquisition of DreamWorks

I also want a slow moving indoor boat ride, with cool special effects.

I agree with this sentiment! Studios is in dire need of some sort of water attraction anyways. Ever since Jaws has closed there hasn't been one, and I think it's what the park is lacking in. (i'm not counting the water slide near ET either)

They "missed the boat" on the Happy Land of Duff as part of the Simpsons...

proxy.jpg

Reactions: BJCool and Mike S
Sorry if it's old news but just found out shrek has two theaters? Does it have two pre shows aswell of so where do you enter? If not then how do you get to other theatre? I just did the ride last week with fast passes & swear I joined the normal queue? Is it shut again for hhn 26?

Pretty sure there's 2 pre shows. The pre show that is near Monsters Cafe across from Minion Mayhem is the original pre show room from Hitch, that first theater is also the same theater left over from Hitch. When they first built Shrek 4D they only simply re-themed the Hitchcock pre show and main theater and left the post show behind walls. A few years later they tore down the old post show and built a second theater and pre-show

Reactions: Clive
Isn't the second theater closed permanently due to that being an HHN location now (houses get worked on throughout the year)? They don't need two theaters anymore anyway. It is one of the least popular attractions.

By the way, I did Shrek for the first time in years last weekend and wow is it time for an update. Terminator is still one of my favorite attractions ever, but Shrek is just so so dated (not in a good way like ET).

Yes. One of the theaters is used for HHN.

@Galaxy Defender or anyone else, is it confirmed that there is also two pre shows? Can anyone draw a map of what the layout is like from google maps view (including how the HHN line works)? I'm always amazed at how there's a house back there but now it makes sense, as opposed to when I'm drunk at HHN and my mind is blown. :jaw:

@Galaxy Defender or anyone else, is it confirmed that there is also two pre shows? Can anyone draw a map of what the layout is like from google maps view (including how the HHN line works)? I'm always amazed at how there's a house back there but now it makes sense, as opposed to when I'm drunk at HHN and my mind is blown. :jaw:

Not sure of the layout but I can 100% confirm there are 2 theaters and 2 pre shows. They usually use the second theater for Express people and overflow. On the Unmasking the Horror tour last year you could see the second pre show room just behind the final scene. I'll see if I can find my picture.

Edit:
Notice the black walls on the left, that's the back of the final scene in Asylum last year.
13130971_10154315156936996_4565958534793782053_o.jpg

Not sure of the layout but I can 100% confirm there are 2 theaters and 2 pre shows. They usually use the second theater for Express people and overflow. On the Unmasking the Horror tour last year you could see the second pre show room just behind the final scene. I'll see if I can find my picture.

Edit:
Notice the black walls on the left, that's the back of the final scene in Asylum last year.
13130971_10154315156936996_4565958534793782053_o.jpg

Thanks! :hail:

Isn't the second theater closed permanently due to that being an HHN location now (houses get worked on throughout the year)? They don't need two theaters anymore anyway. It is one of the least popular attractions.

That gets up to 60+ minute waits when the second theater is closed.