Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

^ Glad I'm not the only one disappointed in Voyage to the Iron Reef. It was The Godfather III of Knott's Godfather I and II string of new attractions. I whole heartedly agree on Justice League though, it will be the perfect fit next year. Plus the old Movie District needs serious attention, it would perfectly tie in with the movie, and all in all would be the perfect timing for such an addition to the park. 

I don't want to veer too much off topic, but I agree about Iron Reef. To me it was more like the Phantom Menace in terms of anticipation and experience. It was really exciting finally seeing Knott's add a dark ride in that space after all of those years. I was *modestly* hyped to see it after seeing what they did with the log ride and the mine ride. Once it open I wanted to like it, but every ride I've taken on it, I've come to terms with the fact that it just....isn't great. I wasn't expecting one of the coolest rides ever, but even for a modest budget, they could've gotten something WAY better in that space. Again, just like the Phantom Menace, I think a lot of the good reviews that came out when it opened were people like me who WANTED to like it and tried to defend it. But looking past some of the nice sets, there are several flaws with it that don't make it as enjoyable as it could've been.

While it's a real shame Knotts wasted that space on a disappointment, at least Justice League will avenge that. Maybe once Knotts sees what Six Flags can do, maybe that will push them into making a much better dark ride later. I'm thrilled to finally see Six Flags put in not just a dark ride, but a darn good one.

Also to note from today's Revolution construction tour:

- Rockwork Fountain will not be returning 

- Revolution will not be a part of Baja Ridge anymore, instead will be a part of the Six Flags Plaza which will be receiving a new Americana theme.

- All the buildings in the Six Flags Plaza will be refurbished/ be renamed

- The loop will receive chasing/ trail lights. 

- New show/ small band at the front of the park.

I'd expect the DCU expansion rumor to be true with next year's addition of Justice League, the park seems to be really in focus towards refurbishing all the areas of their park year by year. 

I have to ask; is the area of JL going to encompass the waterfront area, or no? Its going to get interesting, if they can get work done very fast for this.

Yeah there is a ton of space backstage for the show building as well. SFMM is a rare southern California park not hugely limited by space.

"The New Revolution" will open on March 26th, as it will also be one of the first major domestic parks to have VR implemented, thanks to SF's new partnership with Samsung.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of sudden Six Flags comes out with something that makes traditional simulators like Despicable Me and Simpsons look lame in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of sudden Six Flags comes out with something that makes traditional simulators like Despicable Me and Simpsons look lame in comparison.

I mean; its already going down at Alton, and hell; even USJ so it makes sense to have it start popping up in the US theme park industry.