Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I don't think I'm going to magic mountain anytime soon and I haven't been in a while but let me ask a couple of quick questions. 

What would you recommend I eat for lunch there or does it really matter. 

Also how is Green Lantern, I was always put off by all the flips and stuff so I never rode it, is it that bad, do you get nauseous, is it really good

I would also recommend the Full Throttle restaurant which is the old Mooseburger Lodge. 

And stay away from Food Etc. and Wascals. I'll just leave it at that. 

While I personally don't mind Green Lantern, I seem to be in the minority... most people find it totally uncomfortable and painful.  If you've never been on one, I do think it's definitely worth a try, it's quite unique and a bit like riding a Zipper--and it is very short.  But for a lot of people, one ride is more than enough.

If you have the time, I personally think there are better food options outside the park (Pei Wei, Pick Up Stix, Mod Pizza, The Habit, etc.), and they do allow you to leave and return to the parking lot one time.  However, it will take a big chunk of your day away, so if time is an issue, I'd agree with the other restaurant foot options the others have listed.  I personally have actually enjoyed their chicken strips (and you get also get it with decent garlic fries only at the fries location across from Food Etc.--though it is an upcharge), and there is a Johnny Rockets if you want to play it safe.

I'd say something but you've been there more recently than I have. I might go back one last time before I move, but I still haven't set foot in the place since my last day of work in 2011 in which they forced me to carry my change of clothes for when I departed to each location I worked at that day because they refuse to give it storage. I seriously hope that their management has improved but I doubt it.

I think, ironically, my favorite times were when I had my hour-long breaks inside the park itself. With proper footwear, it's actually quite nice to walk around it and I'm curious to see how much has changed. (and how badly that DC Universe stuff is fading haha) JL, if announced, will give me a legitimate reason to go.

I'm pretty sure DCU will get a major refurb with the closing of movie district next month for the addition of JL. I believe the DCU arch might be moved as well. 

I'm pretty sure DCU will get a major refurb with the closing of movie district next month for the addition of JL. I believe the DCU arch might be moved as well. 

Since they're retiming that whole area to an expanded DC Universe, I'm wondering if they're going to get rid of Tidal Wave. That ride is in pretty bad shape. When I was there a few weeks ago, they were struggling to get the freakin' boat up the lift hill as it stalled at the base of the lift! They had to get maintenance to push the boat up at one point it was so bad. It's in rough shape, it's got low ridership, and it must cost mucho denero to run the water bill. I'd be shocked if they kept it. They could use the retheme of the area as an excuse to get rid of it. Which leads me to say….

Could we possibly get a thrilling flat or two as a bonus for the area? They can market it as a new "land" complete with an E-Ticket dark ride. There is enough space where Tidal Wave is where they could put a small Huss Frisbee in there similar to SFOT's Riddler. They could also put Cat Woman's Whip where the rock climbing is. They're also going to need to create a new pathway to connect the existing DC area to the expanded one by Riddler's. They can take down the city facade by Green Lantern and build a small path there to connect. 

They could go the super cheap route by just retheming TW to something like "Aquaman's Splashdown" or something, but that ride is in bad shape and expensive to run. I do not see them keeping it. There is something else they could do, but I really hope they don't, and that's just paving over the whole area for a bland new path to connect it. It sucks, but it would be a totally believable SFMM move. 

And that's interesting that they may move the arch. Why not just make a new one in addition? 

Is Fright Fest worth going to? I've never been but was considering it this year. I'm not a big fan of  Suicide Squad if that's all it's worth going for.

I love Fright Fest, I preferred last year's event over Scary Farm (with the exception of Paranormal Inc.). It's very underrated in my opinion. The DC Universe scare zone is always fun and I expect Suicide Squad to be no exception. I say check it out. 

It's official: Justice League is coming to SFMM. (with Harley Quinn added apparently)

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201609/5239/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ThemeParkInsider+(Theme+Park+Insider)

I can't believe I'm actually going to go back to Six Flags for the first time since I worked there, but yeah, I gotta ride this.

Of course, the park isn't seasonal so they better get their maintenance standards up to speed. Apparently the St Louis version was already falling apart after one season. Hard to believe I'm more excited for the Six Flags attraction than the Disney one, but here we are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also hearing the Movie District will be rethemed to Metropolis, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes soon ala Screampunk District and whatever the are around Full Throttle was supposed to be 

It's official. Six Flags has announced that Justice League: Battle for Metropolis is coming to Magic Mountain 2017!

It's official. Six Flags has announced that Justice League: Battle for Metropolis is coming to Magic Mountain 2017!

Late to the party I see. :)  We're also getting the best version with more targets and a Harley Quinn animatronic. 

Im excited for this ride, but it's pretty sad how many "Joker" roller coasters are being put everywhere. I swear if our 20th coaster is the Joker....  :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im excited for this ride, but it's pretty sad how many "Joker" roller coasters are being put everywhere. I swear if our 20th coaster is the Joker....  :angry:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just removed Green Latern and installed Joker instead.

Sorry for the double post, but Planet Six is saying that there will be three new scenes including the Harley Quinn animatronic. I guess the final screen with the subway will probably be replaced. If that's true, then we'll end up with a slightly larger show building. 

Sorry for the double post, but Planet Six is saying that there will be three new scenes including the Harley Quinn animatronic. I guess the final screen with the subway will probably be replaced. If that's true, then we'll end up with a slightly larger show building. 

That subway scene is visually exhausting. This is a major change for the better.

Went to Fright Fest last night and it was…..meh. This was probably my only shot to check it out this year but I couldn't stay during the day to ride coasters (Though I did get Ninja in). Before I get into how it was overall, I gotta say first, HOLY CRAP IT WAS PACKED. I parked on the other side of Valencia to get in. I was parked wayyyy past the generators on this old beaten path probably a mile away from Scream. Plus, the shuttle had a huge line to and from (especially back) so we walked the whole way. 

We did most of the mazes except for Toyz of Terror (Murdy was involved with the naming of this maze in someway. He haz to be.) We already saw it last year plus it was the same thing as the previous Jokester's Hideout. We did manage to squeeze in Ninja for our coaster. Lines were packed. The event was very mediocre overall as it was all the same. There was some really good talent there but the mazes were all the same. Even the Aftermath II was *fart noise*. 

Oh, Aftermath. Boy there is a huge flaw about that maze that annoyed me before you go in. So the line went up the path towards Rapids Camp Crossing. We finally make our way up to the epic facade of the maze. This is it! We finally get to see Chaos Rising! We pass through the massive gates and the first terrifying encounter was we had was another huge line. Yup. We waited about 35 minutes in line, only to be brought in and realize we were only halfway. What a douchebag move to pull on your guests. You tease them with the grand entrance and have everyone wait in another line. They can't just leave because they already committed a half hour of their precious time in line. It's super misleading, especially when the previous incarnation had the facade take you directly into the maze.

Well, with that rant aside, it wasn't great. The last one was better. There were a few areas that had nicer set pieces, but the execution was still kind of lame. Some of the talent was pretty fire though. I feel like it's an Exorcist Part II of Aftermath. Cruddy sequel to a pretty good maze even if wasn't terrifying. 

Suicide Squad Experience? Cool digital projections and effects, pointless meet and great with more huge lines. No thanks.

I probably won't see it next year especially if they don't change anything. Out of all of the four big haunts (Queen Mary, HHN, KSF, and FF), this was the weakest….by far. Don't waste your time or $$$. Go to HHN another time. 

I probably won't see it next year especially if they don't change anything. Out of all of the four big haunts (Queen Mary, HHN, KSF, and FF), this was the weakest….by far. Don't waste your time or $$$. Go to HHN another time. 

I'm kind of surprised. By their presentation at Midsummer Scream, it seemed like this year was their big push.

Oh well - that's unfortunate.

I'll post my review soon - but I really liked this year. SFMM does seem to work well with what they have. 

Great news for those who hate VR: Revolution's VR has been temporarily lifted. I have no idea when it will be back, but for now, you can ride it the way it's supposed to be ridden.