Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any specific reason why?

Park Journey was the one who called it first, but nobody knows exactly why. 

Well when I went they told me it was due to the weather

Perhaps that's the reason. Maybe they also want to test out how operations are without it. 

Please SFMM, retire that crap once and for all. Nobody likes it. It's bad enough you dumped the single rider line. 

Out of curiosity, does the New Revolution's VR video play audio? Because every time I go, I never hear anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please SFMM, retire that crap once and for all. Nobody likes it. It's bad enough you dumped the single rider line. 

I'm sure SFMM would love to... but it was a chain wide contract. Perhaps they'll rotate the program while they still have it in the mean time. 

Out of curiosity, does the New Revolution's VR video play audio? Because every time I go, I never hear anything.

Aside from the sound of the gun as you go up the lift hill, no, it had no audio.  Which was always a bit odd to me, too.  Seems a bit strange without it.

I liked the VR in concept, but hated it in execution.  It greatly slowed down capacity, and they really should have had a separate line for those who wised to ride without... so many empty, wasted seats went unused on so many trains.

Reactions: Dylan Beck
Aside from the sound of the gun as you go up the lift hill, no, it had no audio.  Which was always a bit odd to me, too.  Seems a bit strange without it.

I liked the VR in concept, but hated it in execution.  It greatly slowed down capacity, and they really should have had a separate line for those who wised to ride without... so many empty, wasted seats went unused on so many trains.

It baffles me why they got rid of Single Rider. There was literally no good reason to get rid of it. Now it gives me more incentive to avoid the ride with the VR in effect. 

If you guys would have been walking by The Gearworks Theatre, then you would have noticed a show called "Kwerk" inside with showtimes starting around 3:30 PM. For 2016's Holiday In The Park, it became "Kwerkmas". And for Fright Fest, "Unleashed". The show is about magic, and was created by magician Michael Turco. I was fortunate enough to get a good chance to film the show one of the times I visited the park. I finally put everything together, and came out with a fantastic upload for YouTube. So without further due, ladies and gentlemen, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SxcEmYC2Z3Y?feature=oembed

Please do not redistribute this video. It is currently set as unlisted on my Channel, but will be public very, very soon.

Did anyone here get to go see the show live in person?

Found out some stuff from someone familiar with how the ride will be built: 

the three new scenes will be replacing the "weaker" scenes. One of which involves a Harley Quinn animatronic. 

The design of the attraction will be completely mirrored from the other clones. 

The queue will take up Riddler's extended queue while Riddler's will be redesigned to be a "straight shot" towards the building. 

Any word if it'll have a single rider line?  Texas has one, but St. Louis didn't.

Don't know, but knowing SFMM, they'll add one and then get rid of it later because of people complaining about that privilege...just like Twisted Colossus and Revolution. I hope they add one for JL. The ride needs one. 

I'm really scared they will get rid of Riddler's single rider while they're refreshing it. That's the only way to go for that ride and hardly anyone knows about it. They've been axing it off with Twisted and Rev so they better not do the same here. 

Oh, and since you've been on it (I'm assuming you have based on your post), how did you like the ride? From what I've seen in the videos, it looks on-par with MIB quality-wise. 

One more thing I want to add with the info I got. We most likely won't get another coaster until the 50th anniversary of the park (2021). If we get one it will either be a dive coasterfrom B&M or a T-Rex rail from RMC. 

I enjoyed it for what it was.  I admittedly went in with very low expectations.  But I had overall good memories of the Texas one.  Oddly enough, I did not enjoy the one in St. Louis as much.  I honestly don't know if there is any difference, but it felt like a key scene (where it feels like you loop) was cut.

It's sort of a blend of Iron Reef and Transformers, but not quite as good as either.  Yet better than I would have expected for a Six Flags dark ride.  I personally would not put it on par with MiB.  Iron Reef is a much better comparison.

As for SR on TC, I was under the impression that was mostly eliminated more for the logistics of the queue set up.  Not sure why TNR's was cut, although I would suspect the VR had something to do with it.  They do still have it on GL, DoD, and I believe Viper.  I always wished they had it on FT, I'm sure that has a lot of empty seats go by.

So, two out of the three Justice Leagues have opened and ours is clearly running behind....like, um, REALLY behind. The just started working on the facade a week ago.

Is this thing even going to be open in July? I'm hearing no buzz, ads, or anything from the park. They must be at defcon 4 in concern right now.

The area looks really nice too. Can't wait for Tidal Wave to be removed so the two DC lands finally connect... did I say too much already?