Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This sounds very spoiled but I kinda really won't care/ won't want this if its not a giga lol...
Understandable. If not a giga, they really have no business building another coaster with all the other problems they'll be trying to fix over the next few years.

They really are rushing to make the park presentable before both the merger, and the high profile events coming to the West Coast.

That's why I do think the giga is still on the table for a later date ( just my opinion though).

Reactions: Jake S and chris.g
Understandable. If not a giga, they really have no business building another coaster with all the other problems they'll be trying to fix over the next few years.

They really are rushing to make the park presentable before both the merger, and the high profile events coming to the West Coast.

That's why I do think the giga is still on the table for a later date ( just my opinion though).
I don't understand. The merger is already in place and has been approved on the SF side already. How does putting a coaster in change this? And what high profile events are coming?

I don't understand. The merger is already in place and has been approved on the SF side already. How does putting a coaster in change this? And what high profile events are coming?

The merger isn't finalized, and even then, we won't see any real changes to the company's direction until 2025 at the earliest. And yes, every park will be upping their game in time for the Olympics.

I'm probably the only one hoping this isn't a giga lol. Not only because Six Flags would Six Flags it, but because the park needs more family coasters. I hope it's either a family coaster or a tilt/dive coaster (it would look great in that spot).

SFMM isn’t the place for family coasters and I’m honestly dumbfounded at people thinking it should “balance” its lineup. It’s tried with family attractions, it’s tried family coasters. They’ve had no impact and people aren’t going out of their way for them. It has no place at this park.

Edit: Also even more telling that every local and every social media page posting construction updates’s comments are clamoring for a giga.

SFMM isn’t the place for family coasters and I’m honestly dumbfounded at people thinking it should “balance” its lineup. It’s tried with family attractions, it’s tried family coasters. They’ve had no impact and people aren’t going out of their way for them. It has no place at this park.
Strongly agree. This park will not be a family park because it builds a family attraction. It can, on the other hand, be a park with great thrills that grown ass adults actually want to visit.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g

Edit: Also even more telling that every local and every social media page posting construction updates’s comments are clamoring for a giga.
Strongly agree. This park will not be a family park because it builds a family attraction. It can, on the other hand, be a park with great thrills that grown ass adults actually want to visit.
Who said anything about balancing the park or making it into a family park? Sometimes a less thrilling coaster is a good thing, especially in a park like SFMM where every coaster is trying to rip your head off. Something like a less themed version of Hagrids would be amazing at this park.

Who said anything about balancing the park or making it into a family park? Sometimes a less thrilling coaster is a good thing, especially in a park like SFMM where every coaster is trying to rip your head off. Something like a less themed version of Hagrids would be amazing at this park.
For an orlando local maybe. SoCal already has options elsewhere for a family coaster - Knott's, Legoland, SeaWorld, etc.

Reactions: Freak and Jake S
Personally, the park doesn't need another coaster until they actually take care of the 15+ that already exist..

The park needs more flat rides & it still needs to make up for the loss of Tidal Wave since the park is an unbearable concrete desert of doom during the summer. Hell, you could lump the demise of the log ride in there too.

The park tends to not make good decisions. And when they do, they screw it up somehow and/or half-ass it.

I will probably never make it to SFMM but, when it comes to Giga or Non-Giga, I can definitively state that a non-giga can be as fun/intense, if not more so, than a giga. Millennium and I-305 are both fairly intense. Orion at Kings Island is not. Velocicoaster is an exceellent coaster and packs a good punch. Pantheon looks like it would be very fun as well. I get people wanting a giga but some of the best coasters out there come nowhere close to 300 feet high.

Reactions: Magic-Man and Hello
SFMM has found their niche in the SoCal theme park market as "The big thrill coaster park". That's the reputation they earned and that's the reputation they're sticking with. Building a themed family coaster would make far more sense at Knott's but absolutely not here. I'm telling you, if they announced something like Big Bear Mountain from Dollywood here, everyone on the internet would be gravely disappointed. Almost everyone is expecting something big to go here. I really hope it's a giga because that is the only coaster that is sorely missing in SFMM's already solid collection of coasters.

That being said, if this truly turns out to be a giga, I will be fully content. I will literally not care what other roller coaster they would add after that. The next coaster can be a 30 year old Vekoma Boomerang for all I care lol. Okay, maybe a Mack extreme spinner, would be great, but I'll basically be happy. I just hope that if this indeed is the giga, the biggest focus will be improving the park's infrastructure, adding trees (PLEASE), improving the food (ALSO PLEASE) and adding a few flats.

I know it's a longshot, but I would love a transportation ride to return to SFMM. Once CGA closes, maybe SFMM can inherit their Skyway....and the Orbit while they're at it. That's my favorite flat there.

Reactions: chris.g
SFMM's already solid collection of coasters.
It isn't a completely solid collection. Some of it is kinda repetitive.

The next coaster can be a 30 year old Vekoma Boomerang for all I care lol.
Might as well bring back DejaVu

the biggest focus will be improving the park's infrastructure, adding trees (PLEASE), improving the food (ALSO PLEASE) and adding a few flats.
SFMM is anti-tree (green was Universal lol)... but yes, the landscaping needs an upgrade, Ninja also misses its stealthy trees. We'll need to pray to the food gods repeatedly.

Once CGA closes, maybe SFMM can inherit their Skyway.... and the Orbit while they're at it. That's my favorite flat there.
Doubt a sky ride would do well with the high winds lol .....orbit & centrifuge!!

For an orlando local maybe. SoCal already has options elsewhere for a family coaster - Knott's, Legoland, SeaWorld, etc.
Exactly — there’s no reason for them to compete with these parks on these merits.
Why does adding a family coaster mean that they're trying to compete with the other parks? The park hasn't gotten a truly family oriented coaster in a long time, they're way overdue for one.

Even if they don't add a family coaster, I think a giga wouldn't be the correct fit. The park always goes for gimmicks. A terrain dive coaster or a tilt coaster would be perfect fits. And if for some reason it is a giga, I don't trust Six Flags to make it a good, long giga. It would be Orion 2.0.

Even if they don't add a family coaster, I think a giga wouldn't be the correct fit. The park always goes for gimmicks. A terrain dive coaster or a tilt coaster would be perfect fits. And if for some reason it is a giga, I don't trust Six Flags to make it a good, long giga. It would be Orion 2.0.
Orion does not deserve all the disrespect it gets :crying:

Why does adding a family coaster mean that they're trying to compete with the other parks? The park hasn't gotten a truly family oriented coaster in a long time, they're way overdue for one.
Dog you’re asking where the family coasters’ at, while SFMM is asking where the FAMILIES are at. They thought JLBFM would be a start. It didn’t even budge. Only people seeking high thrills go out of their way to SFMM. Everyone else has 4 other parks to choose from in the LA/ OC area alone.

Reactions: Freak and Jake S
Families tend to spend more money, plain and simple. I remember Selim saying he wanted to see "more strollers" in the park and he's kind of right with that mindset. Hardly see any of them at SFMM. More big family rides that don't go upside down or anything intense is needed. Arctic Rescue at SWSD, Penguin Trek at SWO, and Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood are excellent examples at newer family coaster additions. SeaWorld especially seems to be heading in the right direction with family oriented thrills.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Hey hey hey... leave justice league alone. It's a great INDOOR ride with A/C, despite having flaws lol (those Cyborg, Joker & Harley AAs are pretty impressive for a Six Flags park)

I'd argue it was less of a family attempt & more so an indoor ride in general attempt.

In regards to a "family coaster" (hate that term), I'd almost rather they get rid of Magic Flyers, Speedy & Cayon Blaster since they're junk off-the-shelf kiddie coasters, but at least one needs to stay for the younger crowd (Canyon Blaster!!). Then add something like the new Camp Snoopy coaster Knott's is getting. Also, get new trains on Roadrunner Express, the shoe trains are tacky.

Bugs Bunny World in general needs an overhaul. Whistlestop is a waste due to the defunct Thomas The Tank Engine IP

Reactions: Rideguy70 and Freak