Skull Island Movie | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island Movie

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I see why Universal passed. Thank you Donna and Ron for that smart decision. The cost of the film production would not be equal to the amount its going to make in the box office as they film all that on location.

Glad they didn't pattern Universal's ride after that version.....I don't like the concept of Kong that huge and I don't care much for the modern military stuff......I prefer the 1920-30 setting of Reign of Kong and the traditional sized King. .....Thanks Universal.

Wow, this looks sensational. I know what you mean MD about the 20s/30s setting. I loved the last Kong setting. But I'm glad they're doing something different and it looks fantastic. Sign me up.

Reactions: Joel
The size in the original marketing doesn't look too different to the new one!
King%20Kong%201.jpg

Reactions: Joel
Marketing yes, but in the movie he climbed the Empire State Building, so couldn't have been more than thirty feet tall or so

This new Kong would just use the Empire State Building as a toothpick... ;)
Reminds me of TMNT 2: the secret of the Ooze, when there was a SUPER SHREDDER at the end.
Smells a little too much like a set-up for the inevitable Kong vs Gorilla movie, hopefully it's more than just a bridge to that and a good movie in its own right.

Reactions: RevFreako
Going into the new trailer, i had some skepticism for what may they do; as to be truthfully honest, I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the SDCC trailer. I thought it was fine for what it was, but it didn't excite me.

And then I watched this.

To me, this is a vastly better trailer. It gives a great retro-like feel, while being modern and just as intense as the original 2005 Kong film. I am curious to see the connections to this and Godzilla, but I will be going to see this in theaters; that, is for sure.

Reactions: STL
Like Alex stated, this trailer definitely got my attention. I'm not sure I will like it as much as Peter Jackson's version but I am willing to give it a shot.

I have a feeling when the trailers start bombarding our TV sets closer to opening, it's going to confuse some first timers visiting IOA and see a ride of the same name there.

Last edited:
I really dislike that modern day military setting. It just doesn't seem to fit well with Kong.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: