Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some creepy vignettes is what I would look forward too. Nothing on the level of HHN in terms of gore or intensity, although creepy live theater is always more effective IMHO. I will have my full pendant of life ready as I enter the SHRINNNNE of the silver Monkey..err Ape.

To sum up the attraction based on rumors....

Guests enter the queue with the open air awning to head into the outpost set up for their trip. As they walk through plants and abandoned buildings they are stalked by natives who wish to scare away foreigners from the grounds. Guests come across a shrine, perhaps what the natives were protecting. Guests board their vehicles and head out to the gates of the temple. Inside are four or five show scenes. First is the skull and bones with possible bat AAs. Other remaining show scenes possible involve bug AAs, caves, screens to give the illusion of depth in the caves, a complete wrap around screen for the major battle, and a final scene with a Kong AA.

Wasn't there a recent poster on one of the OU forums that was talking about Univ. auditioning for people doing a spiel on the Kong attraction, but then she learned it was a real short spiel, so she didn't audition? (Edit: I believe she said she was previously a spieler on Disaster) If that wasn't something I imagined, and sometimes my memory isn't perfect, that would possibly indicate a explorer guide that was abducted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
To sum up the attraction based on rumors....

Guests enter the queue with the open air awning to head into the outpost set up for their trip. As they walk through plants and abandoned buildings they are stalked by natives who wish to scare away foreigners from the grounds. Guests come across a shrine, perhaps what the natives were protecting. Guests board their vehicles and head out to the gates of the temple. Inside are four or five show scenes. First is the skull and bones with possible bat AAs. Other remaining show scenes possible involve bug AAs, caves, screens to give the illusion of depth in the caves, a complete wrap around screen for the major battle, and a final scene with a Kong AA.

This sounds pretty good.

I've been bad at keeping up with the forums lately....is there still an outdoor portion of the ride? If so, is it getting diverted during bad weather and thus change the length of the ride?

As for the actors in the queue, would this be permanent, or just for the first year or so?
I wonder most what the outdoor part will be like, there doesn't seem to be much there, a very open path that's all. Could we see actors there as well?

Along with adjustments to lighting/doors etc. and work on the queue that could be observed they were installing the metal frame for the vehicle and man gates across the opening between Kong an Dudley where they have been running the equipment in and out. It is plain primered metal at this point so I expect a jungle to be attached to it once complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.