Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Is that last photo doctored? That one plant in the center shouldn't be sticking up inside the mouth of the Kong arch. It is 6-8' behind it.

I thought that too originally but I think the kong rock arch actually has an indent in it which causes it to look like the plant is sticking up in it.

Reactions: Tylereapple
Looking through his Instagram it appears he has a lot of ground level shots of construction areas that he really shouldn't have.

He may just be fairly innovative and persistent in getting good photos in the parks but a lot of them read as the wrong side of a wall.

Hilarious thought that just occurred to me: 90% of the ride operation will be in daylight.

How to explain the 3D glasses? And when to put them on? Don't.

"The 8th Wonder Expedition company provides all of its tour participants with sunglasses for the duration of the tour!"

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I thought that too originally but I think the kong rock arch actually has an indent in it which causes it to look like the plant is sticking up in it.

Someone else is going to have to take a picture from a different angle then because I don't believe a word of it. Could someone find all of the other low pictures of the Kong arch for me?

Someone else is going to have to take a picture from a different angle then because I don't believe a word of it. Could someone find all of the other low pictures of the Kong arch for me?

It's actually in the art work.

Skull-Island-Reign-of-Kong-Entrance_LR_ADJ-cropped.jpg

Is there maybe something on the other side?

I took this from Camp Jurassic. I doubt it helps any as it was before any vegetation was planted, but you can see the dirt where some planting could have been done...but it is also taken from a far distance trying to look through a tree's foliage:

and here is a crop of the above photo:

that is the best I have and again it was before any plant live was there....but I agree, something about that photo makes the background look photo shopped...but if that lift is there (and it does look to be), they did some great work in photo shop for the area behind the lift

Reactions: Ryno27
So this won't even have a full-scale gift shop companion, correct? Just the ride and a couple of small stands for souvenirs and food/drink?
By the looks of it yes witch I prefer. There's not much to sell in terms of Kong and I've always liked little merch stands in front of rides. The leota carriage was my favorite gift shop in any theme park, still sad they took it away. Also I really they add Kongs roar in the distance. Would really be unnerving as hell

Its a slow Monday, so to pass the time..
I like how they are putting the story out there - Here is what I have found so far.. It looks like the videos are relased first with a private link then they go live a week later. Episode 1 hit on Feb 23, but looks like it went out of private link last week. Either way here are all of them to date that I have found. Any others with hidden links that are live?

Official Show Videos
Teaser

Quest for Kong

Episode 1: Journey to Skull Island

Selfie Videos
At the Airport

On the Boat / Meet the Crew

Satellite Loop / Regional Sat Feed
Myth Explorer: Regional Satellite Feed - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.