Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About lockers:

Will this be their location?
2dvo87.jpg
No. I don't think they're going to have lockers because they aren't needed.

Actually, it's a good point for thought. It's always good to discuss ideas. Sometimes one of the people with insider information will inadvertently say something they weren't planning to divulge. Kind of Interrogation 101 tactics. It's worked many a time. I've tried it a few times myself, with some success. Subterfuge with a capital S. Around here, the more they talk, even if it sometimes strays a bit off topic, the looser their tongues get. :)

I wonder the later into the night if they talk more too? lol

I already have. As a general rule, UC hates using WIFI for ride vehicles. They vowed to not do it again after Forbidden Journey. But here we are.

Thanks for this and the other info...I had read the post about issues and rebar and I was thinking Wi-Fi single strength. I didn't know the other rides incorporated it and I figured Kong would from what had been shared.

It is crazy that they wouldn't be better prepared if they've had prior experience.

Because I know. I hate sounding cocky, but it is part of what keeps it where it is on the track. As Disneyhead said correctly recently, it is a kind of local mapped system.

That's fine, it seems like an odd use of the technology and I couldn't find anything on their website to back it up. Thanks.

Netherlands means low country. Originally that area was basically marshland and later a lot of land reclaimed from the sea. But Anihilnation is from Belgium, not the Netherlands (Holland). Belgium is primarily Flemish & Walloons peoples.
Indeed, from Neder, meaning low. Belgium is also considered part of the lowlands.
As for Flanders, outside the current borders, it actually extents into both Holland and France. The Flemish people are of Celtic origin and our dialects tend to be rough. I hail from West Flanders which is probably the roughest, so my speech can be very barbaric and peasant like lol, sometimes I grunt like Kong might :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Does anyone know what exactly will happen in the outside part of the ride? I mean, are we just driving up to the temple, or will something happen along our way to the gates? I know a confrontation with natives was mentioned once, could this happen on the outside part or is this related to the queue?

Does anyone know what exactly will happen in the outside part of the ride? I mean, are we just driving up to the temple, or will something happen along our way to the gates? I know a confrontation with natives was mentioned once, could this happen on the outside part or is this related to the queue?

I wondered the same thing. Trying to figure out what is the purpose of the small outside portion.

Indeed, from Neder, meaning low. Belgium is also considered part of the lowlands.
As for Flanders, outside the current borders, it actually extents into both Holland and France. The Flemish people are of Celtic origin and our dialects tend to be rough. I hail from West Flanders which is probably the roughest, so my speech can be very barbaric and peasant like lol, sometimes I grunt like Kong might :)
It's cool to hear from someone with roots in that area. I taught history when I was much younger and still dabble in it. My main areas of interest are late classical & early medieval so I've read quite a lot on the Celtic (Belgae)tribes of the lowlands, and adjacent areas. It's always interesting how the ethnic groupings transcend the political boundaries. I'd imagine the Flemish peoples in Belgium even today have more in common with their Flemish brethern in the Netherlands than the French speaking Walloons in Belgium.

Last edited:
I wondered the same thing. Trying to figure out what is the purpose of the small outside portion.
Because everything else is just a screen.

I would say for storytelling purposes / dramatic effect. A larger than life moment.

They could have just ambient sound and the anticipation of driving up and into that MASSIVE temple.

Its a one-of-a-kind experience.

Last edited:
[My stunning insightful commentary] Quotey-quote-quote:

[Queue:] The adventure begins as you set out to explore an island rife with prehistoric creatures of unknown origin –and the legend of a beast still undiscovered. You find yourself at a campsite of the 8th Wonder Expedition Company, the research team leading your adventure.
Once beyond camp, the menacing terrain shows signs of a native presence; beating drums draw you toward an ancient temple.

[Indoor queue:] Moving deeper into the ruins reveals a lost shrine – and proof you are not alone. You ignore warnings to turn back.

[Load:]You board a specially designed expedition vehicle that will take you deeper into the island.

[Exterior:]Mysterious sounds pierce the air and you hear chanting. And then – you confront an enormous temple wall, complete with carvings and images
that seem to pay homage to something you cannot quite comprehend. The temple’s massive wooden doors slowly open, revealing a labyrinth of caves.

[Interior:]Inside the caves, you meet your expedition leader – and suddenly find yourself in the midst of a raging struggle between creatures of incomprehensible size and ferocity. Then, as those creatures turn on you, there is an even more enormous, earth-pounding presence – bigger, closer and more overwhelming than you can possibly imagine. It is Kong. But is he friend or foe?

Status
Not open for further replies.