Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 213 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the CGI guys. Take a look again at the Gringott's threads and you'll see the exact same complaints were being expressed about Gringotts repeatedly before it opened. At this point in time it's just not relevant. It doesn't translate well from this medium to what actually exists. They have to advertise something, besides conceptual art, for marketing purposes. That look, bottom line, is not what you will be experiencing on the attraction.

Reactions: Mike S and Cole
So for the CGI complainers, please understand that you're not seeing the video as it should be presented.

The actual video is 60 FPS rendered at 8k resolution (then split to multiple 4K projectors for stereoscopic 3D). For the 3D, one stereo layer provides more clarity, and the other defines more depth and motion blur, and when they converge you get crisp details with a natural depth and motion.

What you're seeing on YouTube is 1/8th the actual resolution, changed to 29.97 FPS (resulting in drop frames for the movement), and is only the crisp stereo layer.

Every single ride that utilizes stereo 3D looks bad when not presented as designed.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
I actually haven't even watched it so as not to be spoiled even in the slightest, but I don't see how presenting something that is lesser than it truly is helps marketing. There's plenty of other aspects of the ride they can still showcase imo.

I actually haven't even watched it so as not to be spoiled even in the slightest, but I don't see how presenting something that is lesser than it truly is helps marketing. There's plenty of other aspects of the ride they can still showcase imo.

They've done it before with Gringotts, Spidey re-do, DM, Transformers. Each time, this argument gets brought up on the forums and after they finally ride there's not a complaint about how it looks.

I wouldn't say lesser is the accurate word, just not to scale. Because the image is so large and edited at such a high frame rate that when it's minimized, it looks hyper-realistic.

Which brings me to my next point...the scenes they show are directly from the ride. Not major spoilers, but spoilers non the less. So you are basically seeing the inferior product and being shown exactly what happens on the ride. Just not a fan of this type of marketing.

Totally spoiled myself on who went home this week (haven't watched this weeks episode yet) but oh well. I guess we were wrong about Kong being the finale, but it looks to be a good episode regardless.

Wait, excuse me?

Also, where's this RSR cost $200 million? Everything I've heard suggests at MUCH higher price tag. Also how can we forget Avatar being significantly more than budgeted.

And finally Nintendo is coming to USJ and UOR the same year. The project is sharing development costs.

I've got my fingers crossed for April 8. Not expecting anything, but it would be a pleasant surprise.

Oh Mike. ;)

I think what he's trying to say is how the Kong episode isn't the season finale for the show, like we all thought it would be.

OH OK! I was like "dude Kong is totally the finally of the ride". That makes sense thanks lol

Also, where's this RSR cost $200 million? Everything I've heard suggests at MUCH higher price tag. Also how can we forget Avatar being significantly more than budgeted.
I really have to wonder if all of these cost overruns - specifically MM+ and Avatar - are the reason Disney is tapping so deeply into the upcharge market these days.

Reactions: Mike S
I really have to wonder if all of these cost overruns - specifically MM+ and Avatar - are the reason Disney is tapping so deeply into the upcharge market these days.

And let's not forget Shanghi. I'm sure that those three factors combined make up a good portion of the reasoning behind it. It's all a monster they let get out of control, and now they are passing the buck off to their loyal fans. Typical for any company, but disappointing none the less.

Reactions: IzzyB
This dead horse is starting to smell.

You have no idea...

disappointment.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.