Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very tantalizing, Teebin. Your reference to Terminator makes me wonder if they are going to have parts of the ride in which live performers 'enter' pre-filmed footage to enhance the illusion of a larger set area, or to sell the illusion of Kong and other creatures actually interacting with the live actors. Hmmmm, much to decipher.

I really hope this lives up to the ridiculous hype. If not I'll be heartbroken
I think one of the keys to the attraction is that it will have the longest ride time in the parks (per Universal). That gives plenty of time for lots of effects and experiences without it being over in a flash. I've always thought one of the strengths of Disney's Splash Mountain & POC was the length & breadth of experiences.

Can someone soon go up to the top of Camp Jurassic and take pictures looking down at not only the new kong entrance, but also to the left and far left? I believe a new wall may have been installed and should be around 10'-40' variably set back from the construction wall.

This is the closest thing I have. Is that the wall at the bottom you're looking for? The foliage is not our friend looking from Camp Jurassic in that direction. One of these days I'll try some "aerial" shots, but it's a long hot wait to go up in the air.

Reactions: Stitchie and Teebin
I think one of the keys to the attraction is that it will have the longest ride time in the parks (per Universal). That gives plenty of time for lots of effects and experiences without it being over in a flash. I've always thought one of the strengths of Disney's Splash Mountain & POC was the length & breadth of experiences.
The length of this attraction is probably the best part to me. Universal has never really taken it's time when it comes to rides, everything scene lasts a couple seconds and then it's on to the next and that's a shame to me. I hope kong lingers on the beauty shots, has good timing and makes this more of an experience than an attraction. I am a kong fanboy so the fact a long, heavily detailed, gigantic ride is being made is seriously a dream come true. I'll be there opening day

Reactions: Mad Dog
The length of this attraction is probably the best part to me. Universal has never really taken it's time when it comes to rides, everything scene lasts a couple seconds and then it's on to the next and that's a shame to me. I hope kong lingers on the beauty shots, has good timing and makes this more of an experience than an attraction. I am a kong fanboy so the fact a long, heavily detailed, gigantic ride is being made is seriously a dream come true. I'll be there opening day

I believe I was told of such a linger in this attraction. I was really surprised to hear of it. It was as if the trains on mummy stopped for 5 seconds in the gold room to ponder it's magnificence. I will have to clarify...

Reactions: Cole
Am I correct in the understanding that the capacity of each RV is around 70? Also hearing there will only be 4 cycling during full operation.

I believe I was told of such a linger in this attraction. I was really surprised to hear of it. It was as if the trains on mummy stopped for 5 seconds in the gold room to ponder it's magnificence. I will have to clarify...
Ugh that sounds wonderful, universal, you make incredible sets, let me enjoy them for more than 10 seconds

70 + twins + the driver is correct. I don't know how many will be in play at once as I never thought to ask. If 4 is correct then I calculate more than 2000 per hour. Top notch stuff.

So 70 total, between the two RV's connected into one train?

Or 70 per RV making it 140 per train?

Will It be one driver/guide per Train? (as in one guide accompanying the 140 people)

Or one driver per 70 people?

So 70 total, between the two RV's connected into one train?

Or 70 per RV making it 140 per train?

Will It be one driver/guide per Train? (as in one guide accompanying the 140 people)

Or one driver per 70 people?

Hmmm... I replied and now I have changed my mind and deleted. What I was clearly and distinctly told does not match the concept art - at all. I will get back to you all.

*frustrated*

Last edited:
Since this ride will have both set pieces and 3d screens and and it will also be a slow linger, how do you think this might work as far as the overall viewing experience? Will we have to take off our glasses during the set pieces and put them back on during the 3d screen portions? Is this what Universal intends for us to do? Or should we leave the glasses on the entire time? And will this make the set pieces not as pretty since you're looking at them from behind a dark pair of shades?

Ah, I just triple checked and the concept art is a total miscommunication which I had never noticed before. The trucks will be twice as long as the painting. Art Directors and Marketing probably wanted the whole vehicle to fit into the one painting, so they shortened it.

I was told months ago that a tram style is completely out as it would not work with the VDL system. So, there you have it.

(I have never seen concept art be such a bold faced lie!)

Ah, I just triple checked and the concept art is a total miscommunication which I had never noticed before. The trucks will be twice as long as the painting. Art Directors and Marketing probably wanted the whole vehicle to fit into the one painting, so they shortened it.

I was told months ago that a tram style is completely out as it would not work with the VDL system. So, there you have it.

(I have never seen concept art be such a bold faced lie!)
Hmm, very interesting. Can it be summer 2016 yet? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.