Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certainly not worried about quality of attraction, i'm sure they'll find some way to make it work. My sticking point is where does it stop?

I would love a ride like Mystic Manor, which, yes, uses projection and screens here and there, but it's much closer to ET than anything currently in Studios. I know "they're great with utilizing IPs", but i'd love to see UC tasked to come up with an original IP.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm certainly not worried about quality of attraction, i'm sure they'll find some way to make it work. My sticking point is where does it stop?

I would love a ride like Mystic Manor, which, yes, uses projection and screens here and there, but it's much closer to ET than anything currently in Studios. I know "they're great with utilizing IPs", but i'd love to see UC tasked to come up with an original IP.

I don't even need original IPs. I'd be fine with a ride like Mystic Manor (relying just as much as physical, animated props and figures as much as screen imagery) tied to any IP you can name.

Friend saw a popular vlogger on YouTube who has a large following (I'll try to find a link) who visited Universal very recently. She complained it's all "simulators with things spitting water at you." That isn't a great perception.

That said, I'm sure the imagery in Kong will be as top-notch as Gringotts.

I don't even need original IPs. I'd be fine with a ride like Mystic Manor (relying just as much as physical, animated props and figures as much as screen imagery) tied to any IP you can name.
Luigi's Mansion could work...

EDIT: Sorry guys for the derail, back to Kong.

Reactions: captainmoch
Curious whether or not the animatronic figures in this ride (both Kong himself and the various bugs and bats) will be pneumatic or hydraulic-based. Imhotep started as a hydraulics figure, but I guess its poor durability (a victim of a too-low bid) forced them to eventually, piece by piece, rebuild it into a pneumatic figure (hence its poor movement these days). Will they give hydraulics another go with more $$ to ensure better reliability, or go all-in on pneumatics from the start?

Does anyone know what drives the dragon over at FJ?

Does anyone know if there will be a separation between TL and JP? Will the JP arch will go up again next to Thunder Falls? I am asking because I thought at one point Thunder Falls was supposed to be demolished, now I hear is staying. Now looking at Kong's new rock arch entrance right next to the Park's main pathway it seems like it's not going to be a mini island, but an ride entrance in the pathway between TL and JP.... I mean, if you give your back to the entrance of Kong, you will clearly see a JP fence and a P-flyer passing by. Any thoughts?

Curious whether or not the animatronic figures in this ride (both Kong himself and the various bugs and bats) will be pneumatic or hydraulic-based. Imhotep started as a hydraulics figure, but I guess its poor durability (a victim of a too-low bid) forced them to eventually, piece by piece, rebuild it into a pneumatic figure (hence its poor movement these days). Will they give hydraulics another go with more $$ to ensure better reliability, or go all-in on pneumatics from the start?

Does anyone know what drives the dragon over at FJ?

I believe that major theme parks dislike using hydraulics in such close proximity to guests on rides due to the fact they could spew toxic liquid if a line splits or breaks. At least, this is what I was told.

Does anyone know if there will be a separation between TL and JP? Will the JP arch will go up again next to Thunder Falls? I am asking because I thought at one point Thunder Falls was supposed to be demolished, now I hear is staying. Now looking at Kong's new rock arch entrance right next to the Park's main pathway it seems like it's not going to be a mini island, but an ride entrance in the pathway between TL and JP.... I mean, if you give your back to the entrance of Kong, you will clearly see a JP fence and a P-flyer passing by. Any thoughts?

I was told something recently that leads me to believe the classic arch will not be replaced.

I was told something recently that leads me to believe the classic arch will not be replaced.
Seriously?! Ouch! That's really sad to hear. I was hoping to see that separation in between islands. So I suppose it will be the same with the TL side right? (Colors, colors, colors, jungle, monkey, dino), although there's that Dudley bride. I worked there for too long and I do understand there is a big challenge with space, so it is all forgiven since I know they will give us an amaizing ride in 2016..... oh, and Mako too, woohoo.

Reactions: anihilnation
Holy interior rockwork... just got to see some pictures that made Gringotts look like kid's play. There will be no lack of physical sets in this ride at all!

That being said...
It's every goddamn thread, takes up 4-5 pages of worthless back and forth each time it starts that has nothing to do with the attractions.
I highly doubt you're capable to follow this statement. Let's see how long it takes before the pixie dust clouds your judgement again.
I love how mad you guys get. Its theme park talk lol relax. Life is too short to get worked up over things that are meant to be fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.