Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there anyway you could summarize some of the big points he made about RoK? For some reason it doesn't want to work on mobile.
Different topic..has any audio surfaced of Mr Kong roaring? I know a while back several people said they were able to hear it but never could find any audio.

He doesnt talk about RoK but rather the article summarizes his experience in theme park design. Yes, he did things like Simpsons for Universal, but he cut his teeth on shows like Alien Encounter and Sounds Dangerous for Disney. He's an audio geek.

And when you see certain parts of RoK it'll all make sense.

However, you can't discount that there is a bias present in why they don't mind Disney having "screenz" mainly beccause it Disney and Disney good, Universal bad.
I don't think that's true at all. We're on a uni-centric site. The screen debate has nothing to do with uni vs Disney.

I don't even mind screens, it's just there are so many, I like variety and balance. Tbh, this screenz argument is dismissive and kind of insulting.

At any rate, I'll wait until I see Kong before I get disappointed. :)

Reactions: Nick and Teebin
I don't think that's true at all. We're on a uni-centric site. The screen debate has nothing to do with uni vs Disney.

I don't even mind screens, it's just there are so many, I like variety and balance. Tbh, this screenz argument is dismissive and kind of insulting.

It's all in the presentation!

Not just talking on this site; but in general all over the interwebs.

Reactions: Mike S
What if the ride was screen intensive, but it was the best use of 'screenz' in the resort? Would that give it a pass, or would it still get panned because it isn't filled with AA's like Pirates of the Caribbean?

I'm done with screens. They're not cutting edge, they're not immersive, they're just lazy and boring. I don't pay $120 for 7 hours of theme park time so that I can watch a higher resolution drive in movie that lasts 5 minutes.

Reactions: Blaw923
In regards to Gringotts: the constant talk of how underwhelming it was actually kind of improved things by the time I got there. I was blown away that in the end, screens or no screens, it was really fun. That's what a theme park ride should be, yes? Fun? The pieces came together to make for an enjoyable, dynamic and impressive attraction.

Shanghai Pirates seems to be the same and I hope so for Kong.

Also walls down but no softs, eh? Anyone know why the marketing has also come to an absolute halt?

I'm currently in my disney hotel room. Was gonna go to universal today to check out kong but walls were still up. I'll be there tomorrow. I'll keep yall updated.

Reactions: LiamRowbotham
Operationally, it's probably a better idea to wait the 48 hours or so for GradVenture to pass before taking down the walls.

Absolutely, but at the same time I wouldn't be at all surprised if the project team had no idea the Grad events were going on. :lol: