Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it needed to be, but this verifies/clarifies that the attraction will in fact utilize 3D glasses. Not sure if Universal had previously officially announced that element before this page was updated.

I know we all have known that for a long time, considering a glasses washing station is included in the original plans. Not mention the fact that we know the ride's climax will feature a similar show scene as Hollywood's Kong 360 (also in 3D). Yet, I still have heard some on podcasts recently doubt whether or not 3D glasses would be involved.

Reactions: gator
I and most parents would really appreciated if it did. Not only because I don't want to hear kids crying the entire time but because this is gonna be terrifying, definitely not a good subject matter for the kiddies to be thrown into
Yup! Wife and I plan on riding this by ourselves to judge before having our 8.5 year old ride it, if at all.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I and most parents would really appreciated if it did. Not only because I don't want to hear kids crying the entire time but because this is gonna be terrifying, definitely not a good subject matter for the kiddies to be thrown into

I predict it may be the most problematic in the queue with families trying to walk against the flow to get out. If there aren't signs warning families with little ones when it opens, I would think that soon thereafter there will be. I know for a fact that it is intended to be HHN in feeling on purpose.

Yea because that works so well...i.e Alien Encounter that used to be in Disney
Well one is a show directly located next to buzz light year and the other is in between two flume rides. That and the entrance is a billion times more threatening than alien encounter's inconspicuous facade. You aren't wrong, most families will walk into any ride that their kid can go on no matter the subject like jaws. A warning would be really nice even if it's ignored
I predict it may be the most problematic in the queue with families trying to walk against the flow to get out. If there aren't signs warning families with little ones when it opens, I would think that soon thereafter there will be. I know for a fact that it is intended to be HHN in feeling on purpose.
Good lord I can't friggin wait lol. Poor kids trapped in a temple with bloodthirsty natives

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Watching the parents running after their screaming kids will be an attraction itself. :lol: It'll help keep the double wide strollers, with eight year old kids in them, off the narrow pathway there. :cheers:

Reactions: anihilnation
Orlando Theme Park News has a new update.
Link: Orlando Theme Park News: Reign of Kong News: Work Proceeds Around the Attraction
Here you can see what seems to be the extended queue shelter above the wall.
IMG_1167da474.jpg

Also, Universal Creative was touring the site recently.

Reactions: Mike S
I believe that's going to be some sort of pop-up shop selling either merch, snacks, or both. Extended queue doesn't seem to be getting a cover, just the regular queue portion.

Reactions: Alicia
I have to say as a parent this is gonna suck. Because I want to ride it but rider swap is at the ride itself. So how scary is the line itself? Also explaining to my daughter that she can't ride it is another matter all together. If they weren't going to make a family ride they should have put some kind of height restriction on it. It is much easier to show my daughter she is not tall enough for a ride vs. tell her it is too scary. Because she will say, no it is not, I will be fine mom. I mean she is the girl that has done tower of terror TWICE now and she wasn't even 5 yet. She would still do it again if we allowed her to even though it scared her.

I have to say as a parent this is gonna suck. Because I want to ride it but rider swap is at the ride itself. So how scary is the line itself? Also explaining to my daughter that she can't ride it is another matter all together. If they weren't going to make a family ride they should have put some kind of height restriction on it. It is much easier to show my daughter she is not tall enough for a ride vs. tell her it is too scary. Because she will say, no it is not, I will be fine mom. I mean she is the girl that has done tower of terror TWICE now and she wasn't even 5 yet. She would still do it again if we allowed her to even though it scared her.
Sounds like a brave curious girl that won't be a bit afraid. Plus she's a year older by then.:thumbsup:

You bring up a good point about the rider swap. Are we certain where it is located?

You bring up a good point about the rider swap. Are we certain where it is located?

It would go against everything Universal does with rider swap to not have it where the ride loads. They could do it like Disney does it, but then it would bog down the express line. Does the ride allow lap babies? If it does could they be really dumb and not do rider swap at all?

My daughter is "brave" meaning she wants to prove she can do it, but it will scare her. Tower of terror freaked her out, but next time we asked if she wanted to go with me and her aunt and she said yes. I asked her like 5 times and she kept saying yes. Not sure I want to deal with potential nightmares from this ride. She didn't have any with tower of terror though.

Status
Not open for further replies.