Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The swallows of Capistrano tell me there "might" be a rider swap, but I cannot say for certain. Perhaps they will just have child protective services there, and they will just place the kids into foster care...

LOL - In line of tower of terror the first time I was thinking that CPS could take my child away for this decision :) I will go back to they should have just put a height restriction on this. It would have made it easier on parents in general. Just like ToT should really be 44" and not 40". Less on Safety and more on just having too young of kids on there. We waiting a year past our child being 40" to go on ToT. I still don't know if it was the wisest idea, but there was no nightmares and she says she will go on it again. Crazy child.

Just want to add that when I tell my daughter she is not tall enough she says OK and moves on. She clearly sees she is not tall enough to reach the arrow or whatever it is. She doesn't have a fit or anything like that. I can't imagine being a parent of a child that has a fit they can't ride a ride that has a height restriction and then get to Kong and can't use that excuse. I imagine the kid would go nuts. My daughter will just ask a million times why she can't go on it, but probably won't pitch a fit. Just not sure it is worth those million questions to ride this. I really want to go on it. Maybe I can talk my husband into letting me go to Universal one day by myself :)

LOL - In line of tower of terror the first time I was thinking that CPS could take my child away for this decision :) I will go back to they should have just put a height restriction on this. It would have made it easier on parents in general. Just like ToT should really be 44" and not 40". Less on Safety and more on just having too young of kids on there. We waiting a year past our child being 40" to go on ToT. I still don't know if it was the wisest idea, but there was no nightmares and she says she will go on it again. Crazy child.

Just want to add that when I tell my daughter she is not tall enough she says OK and moves on. She clearly sees she is not tall enough to reach the arrow or whatever it is. She doesn't have a fit or anything like that. I can't imagine being a parent of a child that has a fit they can't ride a ride that has a height restriction and then get to Kong and can't use that excuse. I imagine the kid would go nuts. My daughter will just ask a million times why she can't go on it, but probably won't pitch a fit. Just not sure it is worth those million questions to ride this. I really want to go on it. Maybe I can talk my husband into letting me go to Universal one day by myself :)
Sounds like a great excuse to get out of the house and let the hubby babysit.

Yes, it will have child swap. Brought to you by me and therefore, it is official. :saywhat:

Thanks Teebin. I can't imagine the line being that scary to be honest with you. But I believe explaining to some kids why they can't ride it is going to be fun.

Thanks Teebin. I can't imagine the line being that scary to be honest with you. But I believe explaining to some kids why they can't ride it is going to be fun.

Well, you will have to walk through the queue to get to the swap so you might be a little extra protective once you enter the interior queue.

BTW everyone... this is probably the most confusing queue I have ever "heard of". Within 15 minutes, you might be facing JP or perhaps you are walking towards Cabana Bay. You won't be able to tell.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Well, you will have to walk through the queue to get to the swap so you might be a little extra protective once you enter the interior queue.

BTW everyone... this is probably the most confusing queue I have ever "heard of". Within 15 minutes, you might be facing JP or perhaps you are walking towards Cabana Bay. You won't be able to tell.
They'll be confused in their fears. Lost & the unknown. That'll even make it more frightful. :yikes:

Interesting.... should be an adventure for parents lol. I mean I know some older kids that are scared of things easily.

This ride is going to give most adult WDW fans panic attacks. I actually heard a conversion once where this die hard WDW fan (Disney Mom type) was saying that she much preferred the rides that don't move and even some of those are far too intense, citing American Adventure as an example of an unnecessarily frightening ride. Then she said Disney, because of the children, really should focus more on family safe rides that don't move.

How many rides at WDW don't move? Crazy talk. This queue doesn't move... so perhaps she would love it.
The "ride" she was most ****** off at Disney about was It's Tough To Be A Bug. She just didn't understand why Disney would take a children's movie and make an attraction that terrifies most adults. She even went as far as saying it could be considered child abuse.

You get to hear all kinds of weird **** when you go to the parks solo and you forget your headphones. Just listening to the people around you in the queues is fascinating.

The "ride" she was most ****** off at Disney about was It's Tough To Be A Bug. She just didn't understand why Disney would take a children's movie and make an attraction that terrifies most adults. She even went as far as saying it could be considered child abuse.

You get to hear all kinds of weird **** when you go to the parks solo and you forget your headphones. Just listening to the people around you in the queues is fascinating.
ITTBAB traumatized me when I was young. It's probably why I hate bugs so much to this day :lol:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

Wow... that lady crazy! lol Most people I know that love Disney like the scary rides. They also like action rides like ToT, space mountain, Everest, etc. Now our one friend does have fear of heights, but my daughter got him to go on Soarin with her lol I haven't heard the complaint a ride moves too much or is too scary. Now motion sickness? Yes, I do hear that complaint a lot. I do talk to a lot of people in line because well if they are scared of a ride the husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend whoever is not scared always says to them, look that little girl is going on it. Then they normally ask me if she is going on and has she been on it before. I do have to say we have gotten some interesting looks in the line of HM and even some comments to us about our kids are going to be freaked out. They don't realize it is probably the 20th or more time they have been on it.

ETA: My daughter is scared a little in Bug's life, but she still loves bugs. She will let bugs crawl on her lol

Status
Not open for further replies.