Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it is like construction photos - they are not open yet! They still have to put the roof on and clad the doors plus finish the inside so some paint could be coming. It looks like an unfinished vehicle to me at this time.

Yes, its definitely unfinished as the tarps are not even on the top of the RVs yet.

My point is I hope that it will have a little more theming on the front, but I feel like that's work that would be done outside the circuit.

The tarp will be easy to install in the final stages, grout and painting not so much.

I'd love to see a picture of the maintenance bay for this ride =)

New rumor on the forums is that Forbidden Journey is to close in May for a short refurb, could this mean Kong could open in May? I can't think of a better time to close the parks most popular attraction than after a new one opens. Just my opinion.
How long do you mean by short refurb? We'll be there in July, so I want to make sure I get on Forbidden Journey. :p

Seems he complained about the roads being "too smooth" as well. I don't think that truck looks that "new" either.

Just wait a couple seasons. The public is sure to bang it up pretty good.

Speaking about the track being smooth, will there be hydraulics on board to give it an artificial bumpiness? In the video posted earlier, it looked like the truck was shifting about all over the place.

Reactions: Ryno27
That's from the ride path. It's not a flat surface.

I don't imagine it's a flat surface but when you watch the video, the body is moving quite unnaturally. The only way to describe it is like the front wheel is going over a bump but the back wheels don't seem to react to it.

I don't imagine it's a flat surface but when you watch the video, the body is moving quite unnaturally. The only way to describe it is like the front wheel is going over a bump but the back wheels don't seem to react to it.

I think it's hard to tell because the vehicle is so dang big, but I think all of that is from the ride path not the car itself. I'm not sure though

What your seeing is the natural bending of the chassis through these curving corners, which results in the cab oscillating a bit.

The ride path is smooth, but the change in axle planes gives the wobbling look along a long chassis.

Especially with 4 wheel steering this is amplified

What your seeing is the natural bending of the chassis through these curving corners, which results in the cab oscillating a bit.

The ride path is smooth, but the change in axle planes gives the wobbling look along a long chassis.

I think the body extending so far back from the rear wheels is contributing here and I think somebody said the video has been sped up very slightly so that could be adding to the kind of unnatural movement I'm seeing but it's probably just me reading the other comments. It could be very soft suspension as well.

I bet there are no -- or minor -- shock absorbers, which is why the movement looks unnatural... i.e. every vehicle you have ever seen traverse a road has shock absorbers. So any bumps in the path will be amplified.

I bet there are no -- or minor -- shock absorbers, which is why the movement looks unnatural... i.e. every vehicle you have ever seen traverse a road has shock absorbers. So any bumps in the path will be amplified.

You are correct, that is why the chassis twists and oscillates the large cab, there is no suspension to absorb the weight into the curve.

If you look closely, it really only happens when the axles change curve planes in the turns.

I'm sure this was intentional, the question is whether this is what they wanted or if they miscalculated...my guess is both =)

There are many industry standards to vibration frequencies on amusement vehicles, which is why very few have almost any suspension.

The the more you can move, the more uncontrolled the vehicle is (from that kid hype up on sugar jumping up and down).

Not to mention any variation increases chances of unexpected movement, not good for a 'trackless system'

Is anybody else freaked out at the thought of if a person were to run out in front of the ride vehicle somehow? I hope there's a good safety measure in place if the vehicle encounters an object or gets too close to something. That thing is HEAVY.

Reactions: Ryno27