Spice Road Table Coming to Morocco | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Spice Road Table Coming to Morocco

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do wonder if this could eventually lead to closing Restaurant Marrakesh. It obviously wasn't making much money before and with a new, much more noticeable restaurant in the same area, it can only hurt. I just can't see Marrakesh staying open.

^ That is a good question. Has anyone ever eaten there at night? Do they have bigger crowds then? Perhaps Disney reservations steers people towards it when everything else is booked up.

Last edited:
I'll never forget a few years ago when my wife and I were at the F&W Festival. We were in Morocco and we stayed close to where this restaurant is now standing because of the light traffic and great lagoon views. Not to mention she loves that slushy thing they have there. Anyways this young guys (Mid 20's) walks up to the little kiosk thing they have set up and says whats Baklava? The employee looks at this guy with blank face and repeats back, "What is Baklava," with a heavy accent. THIS, is Baklava as he smashes it onto this guys plate. The guy takes one look and says I'll pass… His face was priceless…

No idea why I wanted to share that but it still makes me chuckle. My wife and I were three sheets to the wind and we just repeated THIS IS BAKLAVA for the rest of the night. She nearly peed her pants I made her laugh so hard.

^ That is a good question. Has anyone ever eaten there at night? Do they have bigger crowds then? Perhaps Disney reservations steers people towards it when everything else is booked up.

I've eaten there twice, both times around Christmas, and it was just over half full. The first time we ate there we had a terrible meal, so bad in fact it took 5 years before we went back again to give it another try. Let's just say there won't be a third time.

Looks nice I just hope it is better than Marrakech, worst Disney restaurant I have eaten at and Ive been to a lot.

Hmmm... I might actually go to this place. Won't go to the other one, I have a lamb and goat cheese allergy, so this type of place is hard for me to eat at. The ones I am not allergic to tend to just be blah. But I saw a couple dishes I might be able to get, which would make hubby happy, he always wants this type of food. On a side note, I ALWAYS see reservations available for Marrakech when I am looking. It is the one place almost guaranteed to be available. Plus it is tucked back in a corner and the pictures of their food they have outside never look appetizing to me or anyone I am with. So luckily while I would not want to eat there, anyone I am with tends to feel the same way.