Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Collider's recent interview, this will be closing the current contract in-place for Tom Holland to be playing as Spider-Man, but it seems that things are more amicable now between Marvel and Sony.

Didn't they just sign a new 2-movie contract with NWH being the first appearance under that new contract? The contract was signed after FFH was released.

To me the idea has been to go on a break for a few years after this trilogy ends and pick it up with a new trilogy with a new director that’s centered around Peter in college. Reliable people have expressed that. So I’m not surprised there is not currently a new deal in place. If he’s even telling the truth, that is.

To me the idea has been to go on a break for a few years after this trilogy ends and pick it up with a new trilogy with a new director that’s centered around Peter in college. Reliable people have expressed that. So I’m not surprised there is not currently a new deal in place. If he’s even telling the truth, that is.
The restructured contract in 2019 said it would allow for a Sony Pictures/Marvel Studios Spider-Man 3 film, along with allowing Holland to be used in one other Marvel Studios films. Tom Holland has yet to appear in a movie (or Disney+ show) since the contract was signed.

I think if this is the last thing he has scheduled with Marvel, it would stand to reason that their contract would still be active to option to use him in a future MCU project. Or it's just possible that he's in Dr. Strange 2?

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'd think they'd want to save him for whenever the next AVENGERS movie is.

Unless they're confident they can extend the contract again (which they probably can).

I loved all of the little fake/alternate titles that were shown next to the logo on the whiteboard:

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
People are gonna be reading super deep into those alternate names for the next 7 months but they will overlook the color difference in the different (fake) logos put out by Tom, Zendaya and Jacob Batalon (Ned). If you'll indulge. There are possible meanings behind the difference in color. If you'll indulge...

Green logo - Green Goblin
Gray/Silver logo - Silver Sable
Pink logo - Spider-Gwen

Apologies to Garfield (fine Spidey, terrible Peter), but I'm so much more interested in seeing Maguire come back. So hopefully that shirt isn't an indication of anything conclusive. I still suspect Maguire will show up (the casting of other actors from his run would indicate as much).

Reactions: Scott W.
Apparently, Tobey is kind of a jerk and a pain in the ass.
*researches*

Holy crap. Screw this guy.

Don’t be fooled by his boyish looks: Tobey Maguire is a big ol’ jerk! According to one casting agent, Tobey is “the worst little monster you’ve ever met”, and clearly the word has been passed along, because when was the last time you saw him in a movie?

On film sets, Tobey has been reported to ordering everyone not to look him in the eyes, and even weirdly insisted multiple times – on set and off – that people call him “Tugboat Maguire” or “Tugboat Tobey”.

Seriously.

Apparently, Tobey has insisted on the name because he is “small but strong”, and got into such a tizzy about it that he threw a fit at the Teen Choice Awards and was forcibly removed by security! Then, in a Vanity Fair interview in 2013, Tobey refused to answer any questions until the interviewer called him by his ‘proper name’, and even fired his publicist mid-interview for apparently not informing the reporter of this requirement! No wonder his wife left him!

Yeah, last thing I remember Tobey being in was The Great Gatsby and before that, I hadn't really seen him in anything since Spider-Man. So as the article says, he's pretty much been known to be toxic in Hollywood for quite awhile.

Fun story: I was a stand-in on the set of The Cider House Rules as a kid and someone got the word around to Tobey about something that was going on in my life and he sent me literally a whole as box of free, signed stuff. I remember one of the things was a kids pair of Puma's signed by him on the inside along with a signed poster of the movie. He also came and would talk to me on set every once in awhile. I always had a view of him that he was pretty cool. Guess not :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, last thing I remember Tobey being in was The Great Gatsby and before that, I hadn't really seen him in anything since Spider-Man. So as the article says, he's pretty much been known to be toxic in Hollywood for quite awhile.

Fun story: I was a stand-in on the set of The Cider House Rules as a kid and someone got the word around to Tobey about something that was going on in my life and he sent me literally a whole as box of free, signed stuff. I remember one of the things was a kids pair of Puma's signed by him on the inside along with a signed poster. He also came and would talk to me on set every once in awhile. I always had a view of him that he was pretty cool. Guess not :lol:
Cider House was 1999....he was cool until 2002. After Spider-Man, the fame got to him. :grin:

Similar stuff with J Law....I worked on multiple films with her and she was cool pre-Silver Linings....after that she became a total diva within 2 years time.

Someone found the exact image used on the shirt. It's just a cosplayer. My guess is that whoever made that shirt just grabbed a suitable picture from Google images.