Splash Mountain Disrepair | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Splash Mountain Disrepair

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I heard some speculation over at WDW Magic that this is the same sort of thing that happened to 10,000 Leagues before it closed...I couldn't see them taking away Splash..but the characters aren't exactly marketable anymore

I will laugh so hard when this becomes the Lone Ranger Water Adventure or something.

It is definitely going down for a lengthy refurb.

2 months isn't really lengthy...It went down for 2 months in 2011 too.

I will laugh so hard when this becomes the Lone Ranger Water Adventure or something.

2 months isn't really lengthy...It went down for 2 months in 2011 too.

When has the 2nd Jan to 19th Mar been 2 months? Isnt that 3 1/2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yea...

Falling rockwork, some severe leaks, and more show issues than you can shake a stick at.

I told people on a certain Magical site years ago that things at MK would be getting worse before they got better. This is the first sign of that, IMO.

And if you think everything will be fixed in the refrub, go ride WDW's Big Thunder Mountain and come back and tell me you still believe.

This has become so ridiculous that it just puts a Mona Lisa smile on my face. There is no sense of being frustrated about these shortcomings at this point. There are just too many drop-the-ball issues.

So yea...

Falling rockwork, some severe leaks, and more show issues than you can shake a stick at.

I told people on a certain Magical site years ago that things at MK would be getting worse before they got better. This is the first sign of that, IMO.

And if you think everything will be fixed in the refrub, go ride WDW's Big Thunder Mountain and come back and tell me you still believe.

I rode BTM after the refurb and it did seem a lot better, and refreshed. Splash Mountain seems to be one of the only attractions that is showing some excessive wear and tear, it seems to be constantly down.

It still has a ton of inoperable effects.

Splash is the worst. I wouldn't say one of the only.

If there are inoperable effects, they are not very noticeable, the only effect that I dislike are the bats. Splash, however, I do agree with. Everytime I ride it, I get stuck in the in end scene for a period of time.

The same Walt who banned men with long hair from entering the park...Alcohol is not a big deal. It's not like you can see a cart being pushed down Main St offering Jello Shots...