Splash Mountain Disrepair | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Splash Mountain Disrepair

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It is only going to get worse before it gets better too. We are in for the ride taking a lot of the abuse from the constant holiday extensions and extra magic hours. They don't realize/care that when you skip refurbs and run those things from 8 in the morning to 4 in the morning the third shift maintenance crews don't have time to do much.

It is only going to get worse before it gets better too. We are in for the ride taking a lot of the abuse from the constant holiday extensions and extra magic hours. They don't realize/care that when you skip refurbs and run those things from 8 in the morning to 4 in the morning the third shift maintenance crews don't have time to do much.

I don't think this thread truly shows the scale of how often this attraction goes down. There are literally days where it will be down for 4 or 5+ hours scattered throughout the day. There are the occasional days where it goes down for 7+ hours and then comes up for maybe 4 or 5. The situation over there is dire and I'm not sure if the refurb will help.

After working at the MK that is a great point and for sure should be pointed out.

By refurb I mean Like a Six-seven month treatment with heavy work to say the least. These are not the sort of issues that are going to be fixed within two weeks of being closed every other Feb or so.

After working at the MK that is a great point and for sure should be pointed out.

By refurb I mean Like a Six-seven month treatment with heavy work to say the least. These are not the sort of issues that are going to be fixed within two weeks of being closed every other Feb or so.

From my understand it IS going to be a longer refurb than in the past, but still it needs longer than 8 weeks.

It's like watching someone you love throwing their life away with drugs and alcohol and being helpless to stop it. When does it end? :'(

Splash Mountain is now officially closed. Really hoping this gets done correctly.

IMG_20130105_145128_zps333aabf8update_zpse95af03b-1_zps0685ec49.jpg

IMG_20130105_144952_zpsc7066217update_zpsb120362e.jpg

Reactions: Cwoolboy
About time. The worst is that people will complain that it's down hoping it comes up sooner, and then complain it isn't what it should be when it's opened too far in advanced.

Last edited:
I hope they take the time to make sure they fix all of Splash's problems. As previously stated in this thread by others, it's sad to see how bad the rides get nowadays before their refurb, but more people complain about a ride being closed than not working properly it seems. I remember hearing a lot of people complaining about TT being closed and how they want a refund because they spent all this money to come ride that ride. Even though I think that's a ridiculous thing to say it's possible they could be telling the truth.

going to amusement parks is a gamble with rides no matter where you go though. i hate people that complain because they took a gamble that the ride would be open and it wasn't. you can't predict that it'll be up when you're there, the execs can't predict it, the builders can't predict it, no one can. and it's nobody's fault that it just happened to not be working the day you're there. it's a different subject when the ride is continuously down and needs refurb like Splash and RRR, but other than the exceptions people need to shut up and deal with the fact that not every theme park can guarantee your favorite ride will either be working or not packed. sorry you have to deal with it whether you like it or not.

ugh. i hate it when people do that just UGH.

going to amusement parks is a gamble with rides no matter where you go though. i hate people that complain because they took a gamble that the ride would be open and it wasn't. you can't predict that it'll be up when you're there, the execs can't predict it, the builders can't predict it, no one can. and it's nobody's fault that it just happened to not be working the day you're there. it's a different subject when the ride is continuously down and needs refurb like Splash and RRR, but other than the exceptions people need to shut up and deal with the fact that not every theme park can guarantee your favorite ride will either be working or not packed. sorry you have to deal with it whether you like it or not.

ugh. i hate it when people do that just UGH.

I agree, a ride is never guaranteed to be open the very moment that you are there it should make sense. I think for the past 10 years or so I've noticed an increasing number of people who complain about every little thing. I feel bad for the CMs who work so hard to provide a magical experience for every guest yet have these other people complaining in their ear at the same time.