Spongebob Shellebration Sept. 7-8 at Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal Forums

Spongebob Shellebration Sept. 7-8 at Universal Studios Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

None of us saw this coming to the park. So pretty much, Uni's Facebook announced that a Spongebob event will be coming to USH next month. No idea why it came, but it was just announced.

This seems like an unofficial goodbye to that area.

2ik3bb4.jpg

Will they be removing Nickelodeon Stuff for Potter?

I'm pretty sure. I think they will spare the restrooms over there though

I love Spongebob. More so the old seasons but I think he's timeless! And so beloved. I'd love a Spongebob ride and I really hope that Kid Zone in Florida (besides ET, whose entrance can be moved elsewhere), can turn into a Bikini Bottom land!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Well, it's going to be a bottleneck location again, well... Kinda. No one really goes in Curious George

I really don't understand the timing of this event.

Then again, I don't really understand the event itself. Are they having a fan convention or is it a casual meet-and-greet with the show's staff?

I really don't understand the timing of this event.

Then again, I don't really understand the event itself. Are they having a fan convention or is it a casual meet-and-greet with the show's staff?
Details haven't been provided yet. But the park will releasing a press release soon.

Probably the Globe theater. I'll look into it, but that's my best guess.

The patio in front of Gibson is a possible choice... but that means this will be its very last event. (the venue will become a construction zone on the 10th) 

That would be really sad.

I actually wish I would've made it to the cast reading inside SES. That would've been so great!

Oh, and as Chris mentioned on Facebook, I'm curious how beat up or worn out the water play area will look after they remove the spongebob rigging and stage haha.