Spongebob Shellebration Sept. 7-8 at Universal Studios Hollywood | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Spongebob Shellebration Sept. 7-8 at Universal Studios Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
heard mr lawrence did planktons voices in the pilot one even though he was not in it. man i was there 10 mins after it started i should of went anyway haha

Looks like this event had a pretty good turnout. Odd timing, but it definitely worked out in the end.

For those that are wondering where Grinchmas is going to go this year - I think you have your answer here. Looks like Plaza was able to hold a sizable audience.

Grinchmas is definitely going there. They have an underground lighting system with lighting rigs that come from under the ground, similar to Disney's Fantasmic lighting system that comes from under the ground.

The only part that fascinates me about the Shellebration is the character meet and greets that were offered. We're used to seeing Spongebob around, but the additions of Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Pearl sure took me by surprise.

This is gonna sound totally lame, but I got all giddy inside when I saw this picture:

1174885_10201689970032585_180359936_n.jpg

It makes me wonder what they did with those costumes after the event ended. Neither USH or USF have an extensively themed Spongebob area on the premises, and I doubt they'd go all out with these costumes for a 2-day event.

While I don't think it should be a priority at this point in time, I think Spongebob has the potential for a ride as popular as Minion Mayhem or The Simpsons (doesn't have to be a simulator, though). Spongebob StorePants in USF only fuels that idea, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure Patrick used to appear with spongebob at USH and I know he and squidward are in USF's superstar parade.

These characters should be appearing everyday I bet they will be popular with guests.