SpongeBob StorePants | Inside Universal Forums

SpongeBob StorePants

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 1, 2009
Orlando, Florida
I really didn't see a general topic for this, so I figured I should make one. Let me know if there is though.

Here's a few pictures from today. The construction door was wide open so it allowed some great shots. You can make out the huge anchor outside, great lighted jellyfish, and Spongebob's pineapple house as well.

20120519_133026.jpg

20120519_133055.jpg

20120519_133044.jpg

20120519_133050.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwoolboy
yeah... da Bob has been around since '99. Isn't it worn out at this point or do young kids still love it; is it still on tv? Otherwise, what is the big new kid thing on tv? I only see that zoo cartoon when I am flipping channels on saturday. On the other hand, the muppets are ancient and still going strong.

Agreed..although I feel it is a bit late for them to hop on the Spongebob bandwagon..

Not necessarily. It is just a store and merch is what they are after for people who are already in the park. There is a reason they still feature a lot of spongebob merch at various locations as well as featured him as a part of the SuperStar Parade. His appeal is still vast and not only vast in audience internationally as well as age but has a secure place in pop culture. It is the longest running TV show and most profitable TV show the Nickelodeon Channel has ever produced. It is still producing new episodes as well. There is also rumors of a new movie in the works.

In a recent tv special I saw and my jaw dropped that Spongebob STILL makes over 1 billion dollars in merchandise a year.

Side note, they still need to make that eatery next to it that sells pizza to be the KRUSTY KRAB PIZZA.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Are the blue panels on the upper rounded part of the store significant of something design wise? I'm trying to remember anything from the show that they'd be pulling from.

Also, Spongebob has been, currently is, and for years to come will be the cornerstone of Nick's programming lineup. As other shows over the past few years always fall by the wayside into obscurity *cough Jimmy Neutron cough*, Spongebob has remained at not only the heart of scheduling, but as the heart of Nick and its identity.

Are the blue panels on the upper rounded part of the store significant of something design wise? I'm trying to remember anything from the show that they'd be pulling from.

The buildings throughout Bikini Bottom are built of scrap metal. I haven't watched the show in years, but I do remember scrap metal buildings.

Yes it is a very common look in Spongebob in general. The rustic sunken metal look from sub nautical portions of ships and sub vessels.