Springfield Expansion | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^This. Before I moved to Orlando, I had to live by the updates of locals. I'd appreciate as many updates as I could get. Six years later I still understand and try to grab a few shots to post (when someone hasn't already beat me to it) whenever I can. I don't see it as rude, disrespectful or ungrateful to ask if/when anyone is planning a trip to take pics. My old midwest self remembers how painful the waiting can be.

It's not ungrateful to ask, but there should be a more gracious manner of asking. A "please" or "thank you" or an acknowledgment of the time it takes in the request. Saying "we haven't gotten an update in X amount of time and I want to know when we'll get another one" is not the most respectful manner. Not calling anyone out or making a big deal, but a few words go a long way to prevent pages of thread about the topic. :wave:

Thanks for the pics, John! :thumbs:

I saw that black box by the trash can in one of your pics, and it made me remember... I used to think that Krusty's sign would go in one of those places, but now that there's a support thing on Krusty's roof, I'm gonna guess that these places where the boxes stand will probably just be for street lamps.

There's just no way it's anything but Cletus. Look at that ratty roof. Do we need to throw 15 kids on the front porch before we accept it? :lol:

Can we get an AA Cletus on top of it similar to Optimus for Transformers?

I can't wait to see photos of these when they are finished.

Thanks JOHN321 for the picture update

Androids sign, awning and lights are up

Moe's looks ready except for the stained glass look

Chicken is almost ready to be served @ Cletus Delroy Spuckler "the slack jawed yokel" place and Universal is afraid of offending the animal rights wackos

I can confirm that the mystery restaurant is Cletus. The wrap around the sign partly blew off and you could clearly see him and a chicken.

I was able to see inside the krusty burger the other day and it looks like the interior is just about done. Will we be seeing a phased opening with the restaurants first?

Edit: Looks like this was already answered, thanks.

Last edited:
Mobile at the moment, but here is a pic of Cletus.

http://twitter.com/sheltonville/status/337339608121626624/photo/1

ibyQWLXxNTzkQG.jpg

Cool. Thanks for posting.