Springfield Expansion | Page 283 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is this prep work for the Krustyland sign?

IMG_3949.jpg

BTW, another observation. The entrance side of the bathrooms needs something quick... it is just a wall of blue/purple and looks bare as hell. A painted sign or billboard... anything to break up the nothingness.

Thanks for the pic update, HTF! :cheers: And thanks for those key close-ups :thumbs:

BTW, another observation. The entrance side of the bathrooms needs something quick... it is just a wall of blue/purple and looks bare as hell. A painted sign or billboard... anything to break up the nothingness.

Very much agreed. Not the best first impression into Springfield, this plain green wall...

Other than that, I have no real issues. I don't love that there are different bricks, especially those pop-out bricks painted yellow (?!), but I love the fact that they have brick. Otherwise, everything looks spectacular. What a vast and amazing change from the old World Expo / IFFF area! Can't say it enough! High kudos to Uni and Comcast :cheers:

If you look at the Green Projector Housing on the water near Duff Gardens it's shaped like a water pump and says "Tank U" on it. Thought it was a cool little detail. "Thank U!"

Great pics! Looking forward to checking it all out I'm about a week in a half. Love all the eating options. I always felt Universals in park eating options fell short to Islands of Adventure. Looking like this one land may have propelled them passed it. Anyone try the Duff beer yet? New creation or just disguised Bud?

It's almost hard to remember what this area looked like even a few months ago, except to say that this is a huge improvement and brought some much-needed life into a dull, lifeless area. I walked through a couple of times yesterday and thought we did a fantastic job! Hope to have the time to sit at the bar someday and have some sort of alcoholic beverage. I hope they add hard cider. I can't stand beer.

i to am wondering what the square patch on back of the statue is? anybody got any ideas?

I'm trying to find out, I noticed it while walking with Disneyhead and stopped dead in my tracks to take a picture.

I'm trying to find out, I noticed it while walking with Disneyhead and stopped dead in my tracks to take a picture.

When I saw your photo of that, the first thing I thought was maybe there is a lighting package in there. The only thing I can think of that would light (based on your photos) are the scratches on his back.

I think I saw a security camera on one of the tentacles in one of your Twirl and Hurl photos as well.

Thanks and great job to everyone that provided photos!

When I saw your photo of that, the first thing I thought was maybe there is a lighting package in there. The only thing I can think of that would light (based on your photos) are the scratches on his back.

I think I saw a security camera on one of the tentacles in one of your Twirl and Hurl photos as well.

Thanks and great job to everyone that provided photos!

I think those are sensors. I assume it will be some kind of shooter type ride that makes those cut outs spin.